PHP Popup Slideshow Gallery

Reference Site: Blackslime.com/Gallery

Okay here is what I am looking for. I want to code a slideshow gallery as so: When someone clicks on a picture, a pop up of the same picture shows in front of the page. Arrows on the bottom of this pop up allow the user to scroll through the photos with ease in the order they appear in the gallery. Only clicking on the exit button of this slideshow will allow the user to exit the popup, not an accidental click back on the page.

I’ve seen this done on a forum board before, but I can’t remember where. I don’t even know if it’s entirely PHP either since it’s such a dynamic aspect.

But there is a problem. I would like the slideshows to stay within their respective galleries. Each gallery is tied to the Images folder which has a folder for each gallery, and then a Thumbs folder in the Images folder that has seperate folders for each gallery.

Here’s the setup:

+-Images
       |
       +-Gallery1
       |
       +-Gallery2
       |
       +-Thumbs
             |
             +-Gallery1
             |
             +-Gallery2

How would I go about this in the first place? I’ve already got a complex PHP script filling in the Galleries with Thumbnails and creating the links to the images in their respective Image folders, but right now when a user clicks an image they are sent to the image on a blank page to right click and download, and have to hit the back button to click and get to the next image.

I’d want them to see the images more easily and be able to right click and download the fullsize image.

Any help is appreciated.