Picked up GTAIII for Windows systems

Oh, hey Jubba… I didn’t think you were trying to be insulting. I hate the habit. It’s a terrible burden on my health and wallet. Bust on my all you like about that… maybe it will help. :slight_smile:

RE the movie… sorry, but it was so so at best. The plot is rife with overplayed, underacted, poorly writen, remakes of other far better zombie movies. TR sucked too… but really, you should boycott any vidgame movie that comes out. Make the Hollywood industry work for you, rather than feed you the same regurgitated crap over and over again. RE the movie, SUCKED BIG !@%@.

sorry… just my opinion.

Ya being the best video game to movie is kind of a complement but not buy much. I think thats the best we could have expected from that type of movie but compared to other movies it sucks by far. I kind of want to see what Max Payne the movie will be like.

Hey david: I thought Final Fantasy was a good movie adapted from a video game. I am a sucker for the computer animation though, so that might have played a huge part in it, but I didn’t think that movie was too bad either. I am a “hugantic” fan of the FF series :slight_smile:

That movie had really nothing to do with FF other than it was made by Squarsoft. If anything hurt that movie it was putting the FF title on it. I think they would have been better of just calling the movie The spirits within. Not that I haven’t played and finished almost every FF game ever made. I even took the time to finish the original nintendo FF. Love the games liked the movie.

Well if you think about it. All the FF games are pretty different in their own way. The movie wasn’t meant to be a movie remake of a specific game, but instead a whole new story on it’s own that didn’t follow any of the other games. It had all the FF elements, even a character named Cid (very amusing, if you know FF, there is a Cid in every game).

I agree though I also agree that FF was a great movie. It just would have been even better if they hadn’t used the title of a vid game to attempt to sell it to a bigger audience. As far as science fiction goes, I’d say that it was ok. As far as vid game to movie creations, it was probebly the best that you could get.

I am a reader of scifi though… once you start reading things like Keith Laumer, or the Ogre series… or ringworld, or Stranger in a strange land… etc etc etc, you come to the realization that all movies basicaly suck, are not worth the cash, and probebly should be burned upon production.

Good scifi by my definition is origional in some way, has characters that are believable and which can be related with, and has an enemy/antagonist which is worthy of the title ‘antagonist’. So far, I’ve only seen a few really great scifi movies/tv shows.

You want to know good scifi?? Check out the TV series Brimstone. I think that is on the top of my list of shows.

Movies… that’s tougher. I don’t think that I’ve ever seen a truely origional scifi idea put to film. Anything I say could certainly be argued against anyway.

granted… just because I find almost all scifi to be trite and played, I still end up watching an awful lot of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yes I know th games. I have been playing them for longer than I can remember. But I didn’t find enough FF elements to justify attaching FF to the title. I think that was more of a marketing thing to help the hype and sales of the movie. Don’t get me wrong I like the movie I just think I would like it more if they didn’t try to pass it off as a FF movie. But that is just the way I feal about it. :slight_smile:

Sci-Fi is addicting. No matter how trite (haha funny word, my art teach used it to describe my art ability) it is you just can’t help but watch/read it.

There is just something about it. I think I just tend to nit pick at it for fun. Like…“oh yeah, that could really happen” and I get real technical and stuff like that. It is fun for me to nit pick at sci-fi movies to pick out all the stuff that makes no sense.

I agree sintax, if you take an FF fan who didn’t like the movie and tell them to think of it as not being an FF movie, they tend to think more highly of it. I think it is because they held such high expectations of it being an FF movie. My brother saw it and he has never laid eyes on an FF game and he absolutely loved the movie, he bought it as soon as it came out on dvd.

Ya to realy enjoy a sci-fi movie you kind of have to just go with the flow and not think to much into the tech side. When I see something absolutly impossible in a sci-fi movie I just assume scientists have found a way around that limitation.

[SIZE=1]

*Originally posted by eilsoe *
**hey Flux! If you tried MGS for PSX, then I suggest you try MGS2 for ps2 too! :slight_smile:

great game! :stuck_out_tongue: **

well here inlies the problem…

i don’t own a ps2! haha I guess I should, but i’ve just been
gaming on pc instead. I don’t think I can resist GTVC tho, so I’ll
end up with one by the end of the year for sure.

/unflux

:goatee:[/SIZE]

StarCraft or WarCraft III or Diablo 2 would make great movies. Blizzard has a great group of people who make cinematic sequences for their games. I am sure that Blizzard can independently create a really cool movie based on a few of their popular games.

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

DO NOT MENTION FF AROUND ME! I’m am insane when it comes to those games! FF7 was the greatest game ever made. The word EPIC comes to mind. Absolutely unbelieveable. 10 was also good but nowhere near as involved at 7. I am in the process of playing 8 and 9 in between classes and papers and everything else that my life decideds to throw my way.

I HAVE GTA VC ON RESERVE! I’M not leaving my room on the 29th! Ahahahhahahaaaahahahahahahha!!! 18 more days!!

Ya I have the 29, 30, 31, 1 book off from work. I most likley won’t sleep for a good 48 aor 72 hours.

MUST…PLAY…GTA:VC…CAN"T…TAKE IT… ANY…LONGER…AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:evil: :evil:

Well the 29th I have 3 classes that I must go to. The 30th I have 3 classes that I don’t have to go to, the 31st I have one class, and the 1st is a Friday and I don’t go to any of my classes on Friday. THEN ITS THE WEEKEND BABY! I’M ONLY LEAVING TO GET FOOD AND TO RELIEVE MYSELF!!

Your going to take the time to eat and go to the bathroom. SO much time will be wasted. I have a friend who is a med student. She is coming by and hooking me up to an IV to feed me, a cathader to piss through, and a colostomy bag to crap into. I’ll I need is some speed or caffine pills and I’m ready to go. HAHAHAHAHA :slight_smile: =) :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Jubba: FF7 WAS MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME!!! I have yet to play a game that surpasses it (in my opinion). I do have Chorno Cross, which I have heard from many of my friends that it is right up there with FF7 (but not past it), but I haven’t played it yet, I should start :slight_smile:

FF7 was just flat out spectacular all around. The word EPIC comes to my mind also =)

Beta: I’m glad someone shares my obsession with this game. The story of Cloud Strife is unreal, and in my opinion Sephiroth is the definition of cool! It took me close to 4 years to beat the game though! Looong story…

My cousin had it for PS, and I played it once at his house. I liked it, but didn’t have a PS so I bought it for my computer a couple months after it first came out for the PC, and I played it for a while, but then the CDs got scratched and I lost them. So a little while later I purchased it again for the computer, I got to the second CD and then my computer crashed and I lost my saved game, so I said “Fck it!" and I gave up. Then I bought it again when I got my new computer, and my video card was too good, and it wasn’t compatible with the game so it would freeze the game at key points…one such point was 3 steps before a save point, and I could not get past it…So again I said "Fuck it!!” Then last X-mas I got a PS2 and the first game I bought was FF7. I played it non-stop for 2 weeks. I put 87 hours into that game in two weeks. All my characters were on level 99. All mastered Materia… Everything was as good as it could get. I figured it took me so long to actually beat the game, I figured I would do it the right way.

But the game is undeniably the best game ever made, and so far the only game that I am as addicted to as that would have to be GTA. Its in a completely different genre, but it is up there with one of the most fun, most addicting games ever made.

The other FFs were good too. I liked 10, but it was far too short. Like I said I’m working on 8 and 9 when I have spare time (never).

Oops, sorry…got on a rant about FF7…I just loooove that game…

oh, well…I wish they would release a follow up game with the same characters…

SINTAX: Yeah i was actually thinking about that, but I figure I could just use a Brita Filter and a 5 gallon bucket.

cheers,
Jubbs:cowboy:

I wish Squaresoft would even remake ff7 with new graphics. Keep the game the exact same but with better graphics and live voice acting like in FFX. I aslo thought FF3 for SNES was one of the peak games in the FF series. Did yo ueven play the anthology discs. THey had all of the cinimatics that the SNES versions of the games never had. It is realy neet to finaly see them. I think all around though FF2 on SNES was my favorate too play. It is just the one I grew up on I thnk is the reason.

Where you guys disapointed about FFX. It was too short and too liner. I also miss leveling up with XP and not stupid sphere grids. THe new quick swap battle system was cool though.

Hey Jubba: Sephiroth is the definition of the coolest of cool. It took me a long time to beat the game, but I beat it 100%, I maxed out all my characters levels, limit breaks, hp, mp, had master materia for all, maxed out my money (and time), and I had the best item on everyone.

Anywho, I had that saved on my memory card and my memory card crapped out on me and it erased everything on it, including that file…grrr. I think about starting over again, but it took a really long time to do, and I just don’t have that anymore.

LONG LIVE FF7!!!

Sintax: I began playing the FF series with 7. I was very disappointed with the linear plot of X but the new battle system was pretty awesome. And EXP is definately better than that sphere grid, but by the time I actually went to beat it, Tidus was so strong that he dealt 72,000 pnts of damage to Jecht with a critical hit…i wanted to cry…it was beautiful :slight_smile: