Please Help About web design

Hi, can some share with me a basic tutorial of web design/web development, I just want to learn.

Hi Infamaria welcome to the forums,

Every web page whether a document or a javascript(language that allows logic/ magic) creation will be created using tags.

The <html> is hypertext markup language tag (stand alone web browser document)

<head> Is where all the info about the page eg. the <meta> tags the <style> (CSS- Cascading Style Sheets) and the <script> (Javascript) tags are generally put and is not visible to the end user. The browser parses (reads the info) before displaying to the user the styled page.

<body> is where the content is displayed to the user.

The first concept to wrap your head around is nesting. Most tags and content have a parent tag(except <html>).

The Grandparent is <html> with 2 children <head> and <body>. Then <body> is usually the parent of <div> (division I think) or <section>. Sometimes <main> is used for the main content.

Then under those is generally <h1> to <h6> (heading 1/ large- heading 6-small) as well as <p> paragraph ect.

The next concept to wrap your head around is classes and ID’s.
All tags can have multiple classes but only one ID. These are expressed e.g. <div id = 'divinator' class = 'boxer'>. The ID is unique to that tag. The class can be shared.

HTML is text (think word document with additional info) CSS is the styling.

CSS can be written in a <style> tag.
First the style targets an ID, Class or tag type.e.g.

div { background-color: lightblue;} 

will make any div colour light blue. This selector targets a tag type.

.classy{ background-color: red;} will make any tag class = "classy" red.

#myDiv { background-color: orange;} will make only id = 'myDiv' tag background orange.

Theres a start, start googling stuff and good luck.

2 Likes

In addition to the great info that Steve provided, you can start kicking the tires and building your first page with this article (and video)!

1 Like

Oh, Thanks for sharing this, this kind of tut I am looking for.

1 Like

This is what happens when you get really drunk at a work Christmas party and answer somebody’s question :grin:

What’s the golden rule… don’t re-invent the wheel. :grin:
I’m surprised it wasn’t full of typos

1 Like

Hey, I’m also learning website design/web development. I can recommend you youtube channel.

There are also some interesting blogs out there that really help me to choose trending and popular programming languages. you can read these blogs for a better understanding.

@kirupa are you able to integrate the forum posting suggestions to Kirupa tutorials with machine learning? I´m in to contribute if that is a possibility :smiley:

2 Likes

Are you thinking of a way to provide “related tutorials” content at the bottom of a tutorial to help someone explore more items?

Yes and perhaps a tutorial suggestion when they type a new post. There might be a tutorial that can answer their question.