Please help... again

hi everyone…

im having some trouble…

well i have these buttons… that when you click it enlarges… but because the layering is done a certain way… when it gets bigger… it is shown beneath all the other bottons… but that defeats the whole purpose…

so is there something that i can do other than changing the layers… like an action or anything…

do i make sense.??

thanks

I think I know what you’re saying. You may be looking for swapdepths() which only works with a movie clip. I will say that if your button is growing so much that it is interfering with anything else on the screen, you may want to review your design. (no offense at all, please).

no offense taken…

but what i am doing is this…

it is a staff page for a club… and i have buttons for each of the staff… so that when you click it… their profile pops up… but the profile is beneath all the other staff botton/names…

am i making a lil more sense now…

if you can help… thanks

acually… what would help is if someone could tell me how to make everything else in the movie lighter… when a button is clicked.

well, if that’s what you want…

anythingyouwantligher._alpha=60;

I want to help you, but it would still be better if you could show me what you want to do.

here’s my interpretation of what Im reading.

I added a drag feature, because I have no idea where you want the profile

just drag the profiles wherever you want them.

am I on the right track?

hi,
i couldnt open your flash… it said unexpected file… dunno why…

um also… i want everything lighter when i click a button… but in the button scene… i can only edit the button… not the other stuff…
is there an action behind this?

thanks

Inigo, my man, you’re screwed, you used instance names for buttons, so the file is 100% Flash MX. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wonder how you’re gonna handle that…

pom :asian:

:stuck_out_tongue: I did something with attachmovie. Not very clear, so if you don’t understand something, I’ll be glad to explain.

pom :asian:

oooops… er… You’re right. I did it totally MX.

My apologies. You know, sometimes I build these things while in the middle of a conference call or meeting. I try to put together as quickly as possible. hehhehe

:x

as far as a solution, I could have converted the buttons to movie clips and instead of using the name instance for the button, I should have used the name instance for the mc.

That would do it! (I think!)