Popup borderless window

I am in the process of making my first web site and I have been trying to figure out how to make my homepage pop up a s borderless window in flash. i got tutorials on how to do it by copying some java script into html, but my host adds there adds into the pop up. How could i copy the java script into flash directly. Any ideas would help\r\rthanks alot,\rben

Ahhh, adding pop up windows with java script in flash, sinch…\r-COPY THIS INTO THE URL LINE-\r\rjavascript:o penNewWindow(‘http://www.urdomain.com’,‘thewin’,\r ‘height=400,width=400,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes’)\r\rjavascript:o penNewWindow\r Tells JavaScript to call the openNewWindow function \r \r’http://www.urdomain.com’\r The URL to load into the new window \r’thewin’\r The name of the window \rheight=400\r Set the window height to 400 pixels \rwidth=400\r Set the window width to 400 pixels \rtoolbar=no\r Do not display the browser’s toolbar. Options are ‘yes’ or ‘no’ \rscrollbars=yes\r Display scrollbars in this window. Options are ‘yes’ or ‘no’ \r\rpeace,\rMark \r\ryes, thous add can really be anoying!!! Arggggggggg

thanks for the advice, but i’m still a bit confused, do i add the scripts to the get url command in flash, can i type in any java script commands there? \r\rthanks,\rben

There’s a tutorial on this site. Or a post somewhere.\r\rpom

yes, when u make a link(lets just say from a button) highlight it, go to convert to syobol->click graphic-> click ok\r\r1)Assign the getURL action to a button or keyframe.\r\r2)For the URL, insert the code below, copying the information exactly. \r\r\rjavascript:openNewWindow(‘http://www.urdomain.com’,‘thewin’,\r\r\r’height=400,width=400,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes’)\r \r\r\rThe above code can be pasted into the URL window . The above two lines must be copied seperately, then pasted together into one single string of characters.\r\r\r\rarrrr i think there is some other stuff u gota do… i could be mistaken… i sujest u wait till Kirupa, or the guy who looks like a ventrilaquest(no offence) by the way, Are u avalivle for kids magic shows?\r\r\rregards,\rMark

here is what i use, if its the same just ignore it…:wink: (sorry time for bed)
script below is the buttons action

on (release) {
getURL(“javascript:openNewWindow(‘pagename.html’,‘title’,‘height=525,width=790, top=0, left=0,toolbar=yes,scrollbars=no’)”);
}

ends here

script below goes into the html page that flash movie is in

<script language=“JavaScript”>
function openNewWindow(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures) { newWindow=window.open(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures); }
</script>

ok y isnt this pasting in properly???

powder: Why did you revive this thread?

Did you not notice the last post in here was “01-16-2002 12:22 AM” (over 1 year ago) and that everyone is registered as guest because this was before kirupaforum.com even existed and it was back in the ezboard days? :stuck_out_tongue:

hahahaah thats funny…

actually to be honest I just read through here cause it sometimes gives some really good foundation information about flash that I think you can sometimes skip. Anyway, the code I was trying to paste was the easiest way I found so far and I thought it would have been nice to be kept here for some newbies searchin’ around.

But hahaha your funny, yeah I must admit I do feel a little stupid :wink:

see ya :smiley: