Possible to preload into levels?

Is it possible to preload movies into levels just like you can preload them into movieclips? I want my different movies to be loaded into levels so when a button is pressed, they are already loaded and ready to go. This is what I have so far.

On the first frame I have;
[AS]
_level2._visible = false;
[/AS]

Then I have a button that will show the movie loaded in level 2 when clicked;
[AS]
on (release) {
_level2_visible = true;
}
[/AS]

If this works, my next question is how do I tell the movie loaded in level 2 only to start playing when its “visible” or “focused”, not sure what the correct terminology is.

well, perhaps you should test your code to see if it works before asking someone else to do it for you. + There are specific tut’s for levels.

If you want to preload everything it might be easier just to copy/paste your external .fla/.swf content into MC’s in your main movie, then trigger the MC’s with button actions. If your preloading everything at once there’s no real advantage to having external files. That is, if I’m understanding the question. I might just be confused. In which case it’s time to go to bed.

Put a stop in the first frame of the movie you load and this code in the button

on (release) {
_level2._visible = true;
_level2.gotoAndPlay(2);
}

I never use levels, but give it a try:)

scotty(-:

I’m asking here because I do not have flash at the moment. So in another words, I am unable to test it. And yes I can load them into the main movie but thats not what I am interested in, I’m interested in knowing whether or not my way is possible so if someone could please help, I’d appreciate it.

THANKS scotty. I’ll try that when I get my computer back from repair. :frowning: