Problems with popup menu

-Help!

I have made a popup menu, and my intention is if you want to press a button , there should be a change of directory for example: I have a button “about me” and if you go over it you get 2 popup menu’s: “my hobbies” and “my friends”. This is all to be found in a movieclip. Do you still follow?
So we have our scene with 2 layer’s

Layer 1 is the popup menu and layer 2 is the tekst, if you understand, Now what is the problem: if I want to see the text after clicking a button, how do I see it, without placing the text in the movieclip?

Look, the only thing I want to do is to make a popup menu like this one I’ve added below and if you click an item of it you should receive a text, butt the button should remain availble

I understand if you do not understand!

See the animation I’ve added and please reply!

I downloaded your file and read your post, but I did not understand what you are trying to achieve.

You want a button (like the Menu button in your file).

When you put your mouse over the Menu button, the choices appear (just like in your example). Am I right?

Now, when you click on one of your choices (Aap, Noot, etc…), you want text to appear somewhere else on the screen?

Please explain.

Have a great day!

thanks for helping me! :slight_smile:

Look, I know my explanation sucks, lett me explain just what i want to reach

I want that after you’ve clicked, on for example (aap), that there appears a text!, Now you’re going to say that’s quit easy! The problem is, that the text may not be placed in that movie, do you understand?

Now, can you help me?
:-\

I think I understand.

If I understand you correctly, you should use dynamic text. That way you can assign the variables from anywhere else in your movie, and your text does not have to be contained within your mc (movieclip).

thanks a lot!!

Indeed your explanation works!

After my very frustrating explanation you’ve showed me the way.

Really, really thanks :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

DidiusTheGreat