Publishing problems (using flash remoting)

I’m having problems with remoting when I try and access my site using a URL (eg. www.mysite.com within Internet Explorer), where data is not being displayed.

As an alternative , if I try & invoke the site directly by clicking index.htm (from c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\index.htm), everything works fine & data is displayed as intended.

Have I missed something silly, in the publishing or setup? I’ve made sure that the ColdFusion data connection is verified OK, and that it authenticates against a well-empowered user within SQLServer2000.

Please can anyone help, as it’s taken me 4 years to get to this stage -& I’m frustratingly close to the finish!

Regards
Alex

The environment is based on a to SQLServer2000(Std.Edition).

Web Server m/c has:

• Flash MX 2004 movie (published as ActionScript1.0, Player 6), embedded within a set of
  • Dreamweaver-generated HTML pages
  • Coldfusion 6.1 (std.production version)
  • Flash remoting
  • IIS(vers.6.0) as the web server, & therefore using ColdFusion as the Application Server. For IIS, I used the following permissions for Users - with these being greyed, but “ticked”:

a) read & execute
b)List folder contents
c)Read permissions
and the associated database server m/c has:

• SQLServer2000(Std.Edition)

an update of supporting info:

I’m having problems with remoting when I try and access my site using a URL (eg. www.mysite.com within Internet Explorer), where although the flash movie is displayed, data is not being displayed & hangson the first invocation of a flash remoting call.
However , if I try & invoke the site directly by clicking index.htm (from c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\index.htm), or clicking the (.swf) directly, everything works fine & data is displayed as intended.

Generally throughout my app, visitors/partners are able to read/write/delete data held on the SQLServer database strictly through the use of SqlServer stored procedures delivered via ColdFusion web services linked to Flash Remoting. Because of this, I believe that the relevant Coldfusion data connection can safely use the nominated userName/password associated with a max.empowered SQL server user - is this permissable from a security viewpoint?
Have I missed something silly, in the publishing or setup? I’ve made sure that the ColdFusion data connection is verified OK, and that it authenticates against a well-empowered user within SQLServer2000.

To try & figure out where the problem is, I have tried to access the NetConnection Degugger from Windows>otherPanels when editing the *.fla file. However, when I run “Test Movie”, the panel disappears,and cannot be viewed despite my checking of all the available “preference” settings.
I’ve scoured the internet for help in setting up & using NetConnDebugger & cannot find anything that works! I’ve also consulted my copy of Jody Keating’s “Inside Flash MX” where it seems that all you need is:

1. to ensure that "#include “NetDebug.as” is included
  2. to open the debugger, select Window>NetConnect Debugger
  3. if the Debugger is open when you test your movie, then the events pop up as they occur.
    4)…then it leaves you hanging with “The debugger is a chapter unto itself, so we will leave our introduction as is”

Admittedly this relates to Flash MX (rather than Flash MX 2004), but (2) & (3)of the above doesn’t seem to relate
Can anyoneexplain why I cannot access the NetConn debugger from the (.swf), rather than (.fla)?

Please can anyone help, as it’s taken me 4 years to get to this stage -& I’m frustratingly close to the finish!

Regards
Alex

My environment

Web Server m/c has:

• Flash MX 2004 movie (published as ActionScript1.0, Player 6), embedded within a set of
  • Dreamweaver-generated HTML pages
  • Coldfusion 6.1 (std.production version)
  • Flash remoting
  • IIS(vers.6.0) as the web server, & therefore using ColdFusion as the Application Server.
    For IIS, I used the following permissions for Users - with these being greyed, but “ticked”:
    a) read & execute
    b)List folder contents
    c)Read permissions

and the associated database server m/c runs SQLServer2000(Std.Edition)

Other relevant code:
===================< from within ChoiceIT05A.fla >=============
this.init();
function init(){
if (this.inited != undefined) return;
_root.ldgShopper.setActiveState(true);
this.inited =true;
stop();
//place other initialisation code here…
// Include the Required NetService class files
#include “NetDebug.as”
#include “NetServices.as”
#include “DataGlue.as”

// connect to the Flash Remoting service provider
trace("isGatewayOpen is:" + isGatewayOpen);
if (isGatewayOpen == null) {
  // do this code only once
  isGatewayOpen = true;
  // Make the Gateway connection
  NetServices.setDefaultGatewayUrl("http://www.choiceit.com/flashservices/gateway");
// --------line below commented out as using IIS for webserver , and CF as Appln.server in production environment
//NetServices.setDefaultGatewayUrl("http://localhost:8500/flashservices/gateway");
  gatewayConnnection = NetServices.createGatewayConnection();
//--------:below refers to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ChoiceIT\ChoiceITsql.cfc
  choiceITService= gatewayConnnection.getService("ChoiceIT.ChoiceITsql", this);

=============<from within HTML calling page>============================
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase=“http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0” width=“800” height=“600”>
<param name=“movie” value=“ChoiceIT05A.swf”>
<param name=“quality” value=“high”>
<embed src=“ChoiceIT05A.swf” quality=“high” pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” width=“800” height=“600”></embed></object>

Just without reading all the information you provided…
Did you check out the following Page:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flashremoting/mx2004/using_flash_remoting/00000029.htm#wp1176159

regards