Rap Songs

That’s fine pixels, just be more discreet on how you say things.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean you should come out saying how much it sucks and takes no talent. Everyone has their own right to their own feelings and tastes. Just be more respectful.

sorry :frowning:

rap is a lack of ability

and you lack tolerance

best rap song? hrmmm, tough one. I’ll pick a best song out of different rap-styles, this way I won’t have to decide for one :wink:

g-funk : break yo neck - busta rhymes
stupid rap : big pimpin - jay z feat. bun b and pimp c
rap with a meaning(kinda) : hell yeah rock remix (bonus track) - dead prez
gangsta rap : ruff ryder’s anthem - dmx
dance rap : da rockwilder - redman and method man (short but **** sweet)
storytelling rap - snoopafella - snoop dogg
other : fire - joe budden and busta rhymes

err, that list got rather long but whatever :wink:

Problem being is you’ve probably been forced to listen to commercialized rap.

IMO- There is a huge difference between Rap & Hip Hop

Hip Hop is a culture, kind of like a race, most people who are 15 - 25 fell into this category intentionally or not. Where I’m from and Sharif will back me up on this, Hip Hop is like the best thing you can be into. It’s waht people talk about. Hip Hop has it’s own style, slang, and even it’s own flow.

Rap is nothing more then a gimmic to sell records. Rap video’s and songs bascially program the minds of millions of young kids who don’t know any better. Rap star’s talk and rap about stuff they don’t do, they lie. These guys are rich talking about robbing people and sellin drugs. Meanwhile these guys wouldn’t harm a fly.

Good Hip Hop Artists:
Mos Def
Atmosphere
Talib Kwele (spelling)
Kool G Rap (old school baby!)
Non Phixion
Necro
Cage
Tame One

Most of these guys are underground, but they talk about stuff that I personally can relate too.

Horrific Rap Artists:
Jay-Z (yeah i said it)
All that Dirty South ****
Puffy
Mase
Camron

These are all guys that rap about BS.

The man has spoken :slight_smile:

edit: and for the record 98% of music that get’s played on my PC is all rock.

Suck it “the man”!!! :slight_smile:

I feel you on th consious hip hop, but there are some rap artists that are very good as well. On your “horrific” list I would say Jay is awesome, Mase is just fun to listen to (I like his flow) and Camron’s first album was awesome, epseically the song “horse and carriage” but other than that, you are right (in my eyes anyway :))

Do you listen to Common?

:lol: :slight_smile:

Yes I’ve always been a huge fan of common, and I understand that a lot of you will disagree with my Horrific List, but hey it’s all opinions right?

I’ll color you purple cuz you ain’t in my circle :slight_smile: - Common for those who don’t know :slight_smile:

Back you up 110% :thumb:.

Mos Def is amazing. I could listen to the way he speaks his lyrics all day.

I thought I was the only person who thought there was a difference between rap and hip-hop :).

I do hate all that dirty south ****. I think the videos are horrible and have no meaning to them…

As much as I like Jay-Z and Mase, they still are BS :P.

TheReefster has spoken :ne:.

Ok holy crap left the Fourm for about 10mins and I come back to 2 pages filled of posts.

I dident get a chance to read all of them.

Anyways Kayne west isent the best rapper and I dont think he is a wanksta he is just honestly signigng he is trying his best nbut yeah he is an amazing producer.

Also Warriors is an amazing song i love it it rocks.

Actually alot of songs on Llyod banks cd are great.

Anyways I also like jurassic 5 not the best i onyl like a couple of there songs but there pretty good rapping without swear words.

I thought the piano was on the “on fire” song. “Warrior” is a different song.

yeah thats what i meant to say On Fire I got confused cuase I was thinking of warrior

Also the song By llyod banks Till The End the piano on that is Eminem too.

Eminem has alot of talent man he is like amazing.

Cant wait till his new cd

Yea the piano sounds great.

I like the video more than the song though ;).

lol.

Im one of the peple that like to listen to lyrics but the beat always gets me going.

Also videos are always great too

storyboard for a typical rap video (watch the video to any nelly or jay z song)

car rolls up

girls

rapper

rapper’s bling bling

girls

rapper

girls

individual girls, one after the other

more girls

car rolls out of view

Rap?! Oh god, please no more of that. I’m thorugh that era, the only good rap was like busta ryhmes back in the day :wink:

Might I add - we men like to see girls ;).

we do? ****, seems like I got it all the wrong way 'round :wink:
for christ’s sake, is it necessary to censor the d word? wail

^didn’t sound right :wink:

But hey, you know what annoying but good song was stuck in my head? Yeah by Usher

I am a fan of all different kinds of music. And a fan of different people in each genre. 2-pac was a legend. Little John and the East Side boys can go lick balls.

Little John is just a bunch of yelling and b*hes and hos and st. 2 pac was a hard gangstar but could still rap about his momma. That toook talent and huge cojones.

BombingPixels… How many years do you have in life to form such a staunch opinion about music?

[QUOTE=EthanM2-pac was a legend. Little John and the East Side boys can go lick balls.

Little John is just a bunch of yelling and b*hes and hos and st. 2 pac was a hard gangstar but could still rap about his momma. That toook talent and huge cojones.
[/QUOTE]

Couldn’t agree more