Rap Songs

dont hate rap, just dont like it. im more of a rock guy myself. id take a little zeppelin or metallica over rap anyday.

there are just too few times i can hear cussing being passed off as music.

I like Dave Chappelle as Little jon, that’s about it :slight_smile:

Oh and about Kanye. From what I know about him he’s an ***hole. He got into that major car accident and has made a ton of money with the inspired album that came from it. Well the other guy that he hit head on can hardly walk now because he has so many pins and rods in his body. Kanye hasn’t given this guy a dime…gotta save that money for your ice and your hollywood hills mansion.

And the song about Jesus walked is just real hokey to me. One I’m not a fan of Jesus, two a rapper trying to be all “yeah Jesus is cool” seems odd to me.

…good song…Yeah by Usher

huh? what? sorry, those to phrases in one sentence confused me a bit.
And regarding post #43 by Ethan - yeah, just a couple more reasons to
starts rapping
hate Kanye West
like the pest
insert wicked bassline here

Total: There is a song called “Yeah” by Usher.

And yeah go Total it’s birthday…

I don’t listen to mainstream RAP as much but I would have to say some of it is okay. Lets just say there is as much crap in Rap as there is in Underground Hip Hop so it kind of balances out with the bling bling in RAP and nonsense lyrics in UG Hip Hop. Kind of like the Nelly vs KRS1 battles…

As far as Kanye goes, well, i seen a ad for his record and it was like “Hip Hop is Back.” WTF, hip-hop has always been around, everyone was just listening to rap half the time. Kanye is another paper rapper IMO.

Anyways as of now, the track that got me hooked is Visionaries - If you can’t say love. Very good track and I can see it as a upcoming classic.

Aah, I’m a bit late!

So anyway, good rap songs?

I picked up “The Main Ingredient” Pete Rock & CL Smooth (their last album before they broke up, 1994), all I can say is that it’s pretty **** good. The beats are phenomenal, the lyrics actually make sense, and CL’s performance is simply great to listen to. My favourites off the album would be:

1. Carmel City
  2. I Get Physical
  3. Escape
    . Take you there

Pick up the CD; I promise you won’t be dissappointed.

My favourite band of all time though is A Tribe Called Quest. I can’t reccomend them enough, my favourites:

Electric Relaxation
Buggin’ Out
Clap You Hands
Jazz (We’ve Got)
Check The Rhime
The Remedy (feat. Common)

These are only a few. Again, I can’t reccomend these tracks enough.

Now, all the songs I’ve listen above are pre-1995, lol, so if my taste’s a little too old school for y’all, here are some more recent good bands and songs…

Dead Prez, the beats are okay, lyrics are so good

• H**ell Yeah (Pimp the System)
  • Radio Freq

Gang Starr, GREAT beats (Primo) and good lyrics, Guru’s rapping style can get a little boring, too many songs to post, here are some off the top of my head

• Ex girl to next girl
  • Skillz
  • Full Clip
  • Rite Where You Stand
  • Same Team, No Game

Busta Rhymes - Genesis, I reccomend the whole album.
Stay Up In Yo House (feat. Rah Digga)

Noreaga / Capone-N-Noreaga, too many good song, lol.

That pretty much sums it up for good rap tunes. Been listening to mostly 90’s **** for the last, well, like 6 months, thanks to crappers like J-Kwon and Chingy and them… lol

I know the debate’s over, but regarding any balant claim that rap sucks -
http://www.pardonmyenglish.com/index.php?p=464

Well, that pretty much, now Urrbudy in da cluub get tipsy!

(GOD do i hate that song, what a l4m3r)

are you serious? for a few rappers that may be true, but c’mon, who are you trying to kid? how many rappers are really trying to make a statement with their music?

that being said, i’ll name my top 5 rap songs all-time.

1. rapper’s delight - sugarhill gang
  2. california love - 2pac
  3. till i collapse - eminem
  4. i miss my homies - master p
  5. foundation - xzibit

honorable mention
/ my adidas - run dmc
/ heaven got a ghetto - 2pac

Total: There is a song called “Yeah” by Usher.

I don’t think there’s a way in hell I couldn’t have noticed that song, I was simply stunned by the fact that someone actually thinks it’s a good song.

Tell me about it. lol terrible song