Real slams Apple's iPod 'hacker' attack

RealNetworks has hit back at Apple’s accusation that it resorted to “hacker tactics” by developing software to allow iPod customers to download music from the RealPlayer site.

The company insisted that consumers should be allowed to make up their own minds about what they play on their iPod devices.
[size=1]([/size][size=1]http://www.vnunet.com/news/1156985[/size][size=1])[/size]

Meh :z:

If I actually liked the Real Player, I would probably care more.

Yeah, same here. No wait, I probably still would not care. But I do agree with that quote: “The company insisted that consumers should be allowed to make up their own minds about what they play on their iPod devices.”

Yeah. I figure you pay a lot for the hardware, so you should be able to do what you want with it :huh:

Although it is nice that you can now buy from Real - I dont think anyone would buy from them still. You would have to already have a ton of music with them to even care.

iTMS is easy to use and its right there in your iTunes for your iPod.

Real is near the end and they are just trying to save as much as they can…just goes to show how you can go from the top to the bottom so fast.

While we’re in the business of slamming Real:

they were at the top? :expressionless:

And then security chased you around the parking lot, right?

yeah, but they had to stop half way to buffer… (-:

Rofl!

Lol i only use it becuase it doesn’t pop up in IE whanever i use the media search