Replaying a mc

Hi

I have a mc inside a frame on the main time line. a button on the main time line. i want to play the movie each time the button is clicked.
another situation is i hv loaded a movie using loadMovie command. i want to play it again. currently i m using unloadMovie & loadMovie in succession. is there any other way of doing it…

please help!!!

thx!!!

*Originally posted by coolguy13 *
**I have a mc inside a frame on the main time line. a button on the main time line. i want to play the movie each time the button is clicked.

Assuming ur mc is called ‘myMc’ and it’s stoped in the first frame put this code on the butt:

on (release){
    myMc.gotoAndPlay(2);
}

*Originally posted by coolguy13 *
another situation is i hv loaded a movie using loadMovie command. i want to play it again. currently i m using unloadMovie & loadMovie in succession. is there any other way of doing it…

Assuming (again) u r loading the movie into a container called ‘container’, it’s stoped in the first frame and u want to play it again from a butt, put this code on the butt:

on (release){
    container.gotoAndPlay(2);
}

Note that u refer to the loaded movie by it’s container name

thanks eki!
but the second part is not working. when i load a movie in a target (say mcTgt) it doesn’t replay when i click on the replay button. I m using
on (release){
_root.mcTgt.gotoAndPlay(1);
}

can somebody help me

Hi,

Are u stoping the movie in frame1?
If so gotoAndPlay should be(2).(although is best to label the frames in wich case it’d be mcTgt.gotoAndPlay(“PLAY”); assuming u label the next frame to the one the movie is stoped in ‘PLAY’)

Cheers

SHO

No, I m not stopping the movie in frame1. I hv tried with frame label as well but nothing worked. for the time being i m unloading & loadingthe movie again in my replay button. but it doesnt seem to be a good solution. any other way of doing it.

rgds
coolguy