Resolutions problem

[LEFT]my page has a header,a body and a footer. I want to give a static value to header and footer but the body will have an % height.

currently my values are;[/LEFT]

header : 45px
body : 88.4%
footer : 22px

with these values it fits 1024 * 768 but when I view the page at 1280 * 1024 there is a blank space under the footer which has a 29px height. I want this page to fit every resolution.

You can view the page at www.abus.terzzi.com/menu

yeah, that’s not going to work. think about it mathematically: 45px and 22px are different percentages of the total resolution from monitor to monitor. so on your monitor, they are 11.6%, but that’s not going to be true for everyone. then what? if they’re higher than 11.6% who knwos what happens. if they’re lower than 11.6%, what section will make up the remainder? you can have this setup though:

header: 45px
body: remainder
footer: 22px

Try not to EVER design resolution-specifically

Fluid layouts that expand and contract to the user’s screen without breaking the site is what it is all about these days.

here are some layouts that might help you out… LINK

[quote=fasterthanlight™;1985199]Try not to EVER design resolution-specifically

Fluid layouts that expand and contract to the user’s screen without breaking the site is what it is all about these days.[/quote]

Thats what I am trying to achieve, the reason that i gave px heights to my footer and header is that it contains some images like logos.

So the solution is, i guess making the header and footer % too. But header has an background image attached to it, that can affect maybe. And I need to make my image’s width and height %.

img width and height are in px, not %. the solution is to do it the way i mentioned.

your body height shouldn’t be declared, it should just be fluid and it will stretch the height of the page if there’s enough content.

but what if I want my footer to be always appear at the bottom of the screen?