Revolution Rock:Joe Strummer Tribute Night

I thought I’d drop by and pimp a gig I’m helping out with. Maybe some of you will be interested. P.s poster by yours truly.:smirk:

FasterLouder, 2ser, Drum Media Present
[COLOR=red]Revolution Rock – A Joe Strummer Tribute Night[/COLOR]

Line up:
HARD-ONS,
THE CURRENCY (Featuring Travis Dempsey ex. Living End)
GAMBETA (Featuring members of Rastawookie),
WAITING FOR GUINNESS
STEPPIN’ RAZOR

• DJ Repressed playing Strummer tunes till the early hours

Venue + Dates:
Gaelic Club, Sydney, Saturday 22nd of December, 2007, 7:30PM

Tickets
$20.00 + booking Fee
Tickets through www.moshtix.com.au

More Info:
www.myspace.com/revolutionrock_sydney
http://www.moshtix.com.au/record.asp?lEventID=12759&caller=mguide&

Press Release:
*December 2007 will see the 5th anniversary of the passing of the late and great JOE STRUMMER.

From front man of THE CLASH to his work with THE MESCALERO’S, JOE STRUMMER was, and still is a massive influence to so many bands and peoples lives worldwide.

To pay respects to the great man a night of homage is happening at the Gaelic Club, Sydney on Saturday 22nd of December, 2007.

Bands getting involved are: HARD-ONS, THE CURRENCY (Featuring Travis Dempsey ex. Living End), GAMBETA (Featuring members of Rastawookie), WAITING FOR GUINNESS, and STEPPIN’ RAZOR. Each act will play a few Clash / Mescalero’s covers in their normal set.

Proceeds from the event will benefit Strummerville, The Joe Strummer Foundation for New Music.

Strummerville is a registered charity that aims to create new opportunities for aspiring young musicians.

Set up by the friends and family of Joe Strummer in the year after his death, the charity seeks to reflect Joe’s unique contribution to the music world by offering support, recording resources and performance opportunities to artists who would not normally have access to them. For more information go to www.strummerville.com

Tickets are now available from www.moshtix.com.au *