RPG game

I’m trying to make a RPG game but I have no idea how to make it.:puzzled: Please help me! How the you make a map like when the character moves the map moves with it you know so there is like different places?

LoL. man u have 2 choices.

1. spend the next year learning actionscript and create ur own RPG
    or
  2. pay sumone to script it for you

or u could get lucky and sumone will script it for free. But an RPG is a very complex system of actionscript. And its even more complex for sumone who duznt know how to use actionscript.

Fine I’ll give up but can you tell me a tutorial how to scroll?!!

why did you want to create something so difficult when you’ve only just started? I doesnt make sense

concerning the scrolling thing:
Just put the map and everything on it (characters,…) inside a Movieclip, and Mask it.
to scroll just move this MC.

btw.: I have to agree with the others. If you do not know how to do the scrolling thing, how will you be abled to write something like an inventory system or a pathfinding Engine then?

i have been really bored i would co-op the game with you when you jandle the graphical side and ill do the AS

Actually I do know some actionscript! But my inventory AS isn’t working! The code is this
currentslotnum = 1;
stop ();
function addToslot (item) {
if (!item.found) {
item._x = eval (“itemSlot” + currentslotnum)._x;
item._y = eval (“itemSlot” + currentslotnum)._y;
item.found = true;
currentslotnum++;
}
}

And I put this in the item

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
if (_root.character.hitTest (this)) {
_root.addToslot (this);
}
}

Is Anyone Ever Gonna Answer?

i learn the same way…tossed in the fray. hard stuff first. move the Background movie clip not the charactor. just make him animate.

http://oos.moxiecode.com/

Walla! The perfect sites to help you out!

Thanks A Lot Man!!!

OOS and Tonypa are like the most well known tilebased tutorial sites.

P.S. I also started right into the hard stuff in actionscripting… Not a good place to start. It leaves you with confusion.