Same Sex Marriage

where is it said that the government can’t impose any religious law? Does that mean that the government can’t make a law saying killing is wrong?

as I said above…

do not kill was not ‘invented’ 5000 years ago…

just because religions wrote it down, doesn’t mean it wasn’t a law of society before that…

but making a law against same sex marriage just because you feel it is against God, goes against the 1st amendment.

You keep veering away from the topic, are you scared of it?

Rev

But, if I was to think that gay marriage was against nature then it is ok to make it illegal? Ok, I think it is against nature…make it illegal… is that what you wanted to hear?

I am not scared of the topic, I already said let everyone marry what they want just don’t make me recognize it. You take away my freedom of religion by making me accept gay marriage. That is why I am saying make no marriage a legal institution. Then anyone can do what they want and anyone else can choose to except it or not, it doesn’t matter.

but that is your opinion, not a fact.

homosexuality happens in nature, so you can’t say it goes against it…

and if you don’t recognize the marriage, then you are saying that it is wrong. Don’t you see that you are saying as long as I don’t see it, it is okay…

again, imposing your views on others.

Rev

It does go againts nature and thousands of years of human history. I am not saying as long as I don’t see it, it is ok. I think it is wrong no matter what. But, I am not going to “impose” my beliefs on you as long as you don’t impose your beliefs on me. Do what you want, just don’t make me accept it because that will not happen no matter what law you write.

then why does homosexuality happen in the animal/insect/bird/etc life?

it only goes against your view of nature.

I am not making you accept anything, just be tolerant of other’s lifestyle.

intolerance is a bad habit to get into.

Rev

It doesn’t appear in nature? Do a google search for “Animal Homosexuality” then come back and tell me that again…

It goes against human history? There are numerous accounts of ancient societies that practiced homosexuality in various forms… Romans, Greeks…

I am tollerant. I have never done a harmful thing in my life to a homosexual. I don’t support making the act of homosexuality illegal. But I draw the line at being made to see the marriage of 2 men or 2 women as equal to that of a man and a woman.

but yet you are not tolerant of their lifestyle…

why should they be less equal than the rest? Just because your ‘faith’ says so is intolerant.

Rev

I am completly tollerant of their lifestyles. They should be just as equal as everyone else…how many times do I have to say that?

but you are saying that they should not have the same rights as hetrosexual couples. That is intolerant.

I really like the way you ‘modify’ the meanings of words…

Rev

*Originally posted by Vash *
**It doesn’t appear in nature? Do a google search for “Animal Homosexuality” then come back and tell me that again…

It goes against human history? There are numerous accounts of ancient societies that practiced homosexuality in various forms… Romans, Greeks… **
There is no evidence that I found where Greeks or Romans married the same sex. I don’t deny the act of homosexuality in nature, I deny the marriage. Isn’t that what we are debating?

I would love for you to show me cohabitating homosexual animals in nature (not a zoo).

*Originally posted by reverendflash *
**but you are saying that they should not have the same rights as hetrosexual couples. That is intolerant.

I really like the way you ‘modify’ the meanings of words…

Rev **
Yes, give them all the same rights. That is what I am saying, just don’t make me recognize their marriage. I understand that cannot happen in our current system where marriage is a legally recognized institution. that is why I say “de-regulate” if you will, all marriage.

I would love to see you show me an example of hetrosexual animal cohabitation that doesn’t involve poligamy, incest, and adultery…

do you want to include these as well?

Rev

*Originally posted by blindlizard *
**Yes, give them all the same rights. That is what I am saying, just don’t make me recognize their marriage. I understand that cannot happen in our current system where marriage is a legally recognized institution. that is why I say “de-regulate” if you will, all marriage. **

then we should ‘deregulate’ all the laws that you have been arguing as Christian based as well?

you can’t have one without the other…

Rev

Please show me a law you don’t agree with that is Christian based.

I didn’t say that. My views are not at question here, since I have not begun to impose my views on you. Again, taking a word out of context and trying to turn the debate.

You said you wanted to do away with a law, because of your religious views. I said then we must do away with all laws that are based on religious views.

Rev

The way the law is writen fully represents my beliefs. Gay marriage is not legal. It is you that has a problem with the law. I am perfectly content to leave it as is.

no, you said you wanted to deregulate it.

now you say the law is fine the way it is…

nice way to change sides… Are you Italian by chance? j/k

Rev

Let me reflect. To chage the status quo and allow for gay marriage I would support removing marriage from law, ergo allowing anyone to marry anyone/anything without anyone else having to acknowledge such acts. However, I am perfectly content with the way the law is now which make gay marriage and other forms of non 1 man 1 woman marriages illegal.