Screen shrieks!- monitor makes noises!

Hi,

this problem with my pc is driving me mad. :puzzle:

I am using a CTX monitor, 17". nvidi drivers for g card.

My monitor makes a reeally high pitched noise for ever!
(noise stays all the time, whateva i do!) :m:

I hate it!

ps. Is it a problem with the refresh rate?

Can you help!?

Sk8ing

Yea just give a whack or two with the good old crowbar and spit some milk on it. Don’t worry about the rust, that’s just the monitor infecting. Infecting is a good thing. And if you know that, you’re in!

The last time I had a monitor that made that kind of noise only did it for a short time.

Then it made a “pop” and a “sizzle” …

after that it didn’t make much of a sound at all… :frowning:

Rev

Lol @ rev.

it’s true tho… my first 17" monitor did that right after I upgraded my vid card.

scream, pop, sizzle.

go to store to buy new monitor…

Rev

are all you guys trying to be polite and your subliminal message is:

Get away from the monitor it is about to :red:

I have a nice nvidia g card and am about to buy a new one if the prob does not go away, then if that does not work i have to spend even more money on a new monitor!

it looks like my graphics cards to fault, never mind,
ill ask again if my problem is not sorted out with the new card.

Sk8ing

check out the manufacturer’s web site, see what they have to say. Is it still under warranty? can you call them?

that would prob be your quickest solution.

Rev

I don’t know much about video cards and moniters, but the only relationship between the two I can think of is Refresh Rate.

that and resolution.

Rev

*Originally posted by reverendflash *
**that and resolution.

Rev **

Yup! Then it’s solved! Refresh rate to 10, and resolution to 800x600

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does the monitor get its power straight from an electrical socket? Or does it get the power from your PC’s power supply? If it gets it from the power supply, be sure to check that your power supply can cope and provide enough power to use the monitor safely and effectively!

Yup! Then it’s solved! Refresh rate to 10, and resolution to 800x600

My refresh rate is set to 80???
My resolution is 1024 by 768

Does the monitor get its power straight from an electrical socket? Or does it get the power from your PC’s power supply? If it gets it from the power supply, be sure to check that your power supply can cope and provide enough power to use the monitor safely and effectively!

Its plugged into the wall!

Sk8ing

does it do it in the bios / dos mode ?

nope i only notice it when its been on a little while. Its boots so fast that when i switch on the pc, then switch on the monitor and by that time windows is nearly loaded-i don’t know whether it makes that noise in bios, ill see, theres a shortcut for bios when loading, i think its F8?

Sk8ing

get a TFT. There cheap now.

Or. Get a nice box set and play really loud music.

*Originally posted by asphaltcowboy *
**Does the monitor get its power straight from an electrical socket? Or does it get the power from your PC’s power supply? If it gets it from the power supply, be sure to check that your power supply can cope and provide enough power to use the monitor safely and effectively! **
I’ve never heard of such monitor. other than some macs, of course.

yeah, a few older models (I think I’ve got one somewhere) connect into the power supply of the pc and get its power from there. that, combined with a fairly new pc and a fairly unnew power supply would probably end up knackering something in the system. Was just a thought :slight_smile:

Okay,
im having loads of problems with my computer!

1.Windows corrupted itself, had to reinstall

2.HDD corrupt, had to buy new one, psu broken aswell!

3.Graphics card error-being replaced friday!

4.RAM error-may need a new one of those aswell

If these steps don’t fix my problem its a new mainboard.

:a: Ive just basically bought a brand new PC, in component form!!!

I hate this, all my components will be new soon!!!

I only got this PC a couple of years ago!!!

I am seriously mad at this thing! :h:

Sk8ing