Scrolling filmstrip and preloader

Hello everyone,
I have a Flash problem that has been driving me nuts for about a week. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find a solution. Basically what I want to do is have 4 “filmstrips” in the back of my movie that are really just based from 2 images. Filmstrip 1 is from external image 1…filmstrip 2 is from external image 2…filmstrip 3 is from external image 1 but offset from filmstrip 1…and filmstrip 4 s from ext image 2 but offset from filmstrip 2. I hope that makes sense. I would like no user interaction, just for the filmstrips to scroll by automatically in an endless loop by replicating the external image infinitely.

So, my question is twofold…I would like to figure out how to make this effect…but very importantly, the filmstrips must be loaded in and scrolling as soon as the preloader for the entire movie is done and the user enters the main movie. So, would there be any way for me to preload these external images and have the movie preloader for the whole .swf include the loading of the external images? Or even have a preloader for the main movies embedded in Flash, then it goes to a preloader that loads in the filmstrips and starts the scrolling, and when they oad in goes to the main movie?

I’ve attached a file so you can visualize what I mean. Sorry for the novel. Hehe. I appreciate any amount of help, as I’m not exactly an actionscript guru :sigh: Thank you!