Send info to email

I’m trying to find a way to get Flash to send data that user puts in to my e-mail address. How do I do the impossable.

What you can do, is use the getUrl command with a button, just enter “mailto: [email protected]” in the url box of the actions panel.

that should do it.

Good luck,
Matt

Thats what your would do to make the user link and make the message themselves but if you want what he wants, which is a ‘form’ then you need CGI enabled on your server or .asp and if you do message back and when I get home I will give you a sample .asp page to use to make a user input form!

go to :

www.zerodesigns.co.uk/dow…romail.zip

have a look at the flash form and the .asp page…

you should put the asp page in your cgi-bin [right permissions]…

and type in the url to your cgi-bin in the flash forms submit button…

ant probs…post back…

cheers…ben…

My only question now is if geocities has a CGI in it. I know it did at one time but now I can not find it.

sorry. this is Killakia. Havok is my other handle

Ive hosted on geocities forever and I have yet to of found it able to use any CGI or perl. Ive been in search forever for a place that does that’s free…it’s hard to find.

If I could get CGI working, my site would be friggen awesome. (come.to/colossus)) but…looks like all us geocities members are screwed for right now.

Should we complain to Yahoo bout it? (They own geocities.)

so u adde the mailto action in a button and that opens up a seperate application, i think that is what is says. i tried to dl the zip file but i have a mac couldn’t acess it. what do u do if u want to users to be able to send email without leaving ur site. i.e. a window pops up allowing the user to enter their email, and themessage, how do u convert that text into an email and be able to send it??

Ginger, at your convenience, is it possible 4 u 2 send me detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to setup an e-mail form with the cgi-bin thing?

Wishing You Tha Best,

ExtremeVisionz

ExtremeVisionz…

have u bought space on a server or u running on something like 20m.com or geocities?

did u not get my email?

…b…

Gingerhippy/ben, I got your excellent instructions…I got u…U on top of your Flash Game…

Insofar as my e-mail form query is concerned, I’ll have a host by Monday. I wood juss lik sum instrucktionz on how 2 set up an e-mail form. Specifically, wut I’m tryin’ 2 do iz have a customized form popup when a user clicks my e-mail button. Once they’re done with they’re message, I want dat form 2 be sent directly 2 my e-mail address…

Thanks 2million Gingerhippy…

ExtremeVisionz…