Should I just friggin hold the site hostage?

Okay guys, I need someone who dealt with this before to give me some advice on this.

I had a huge project to redesign from the ground up the Special Olympics Hawaii Website, not only that I have to add alot of new content and in the mean time keep their old site updated. Anyway, we agreed on 2 equal payment, one when about 50% of the new site was done, and the other when it was finished. Now I have about 75% completed, and long ago mailed the invoice.

I have emailed the invoice about a month ago, and I have received nothing from them, not even a confirmation no emails, nothing. We used to have weekly reviews from them on our progress (all positive btw). And now nothing.

Now I really hate to start threatening an organization like Special Olympics, but as it seems to me, and it looks like they arent being very cooperative.

Now one mistake, that I realise I made is; I only have a verbal agreement with them. Thats about it. Appart from the emails we have for communication and some of their requests and whatnots.

I can always take down all I have from their servers, including their old site and replace by an empty page saying : SPECIAL OLYMPCS HAWAII ARE CHEAP BASTARDS! As well as change all their passwords on the servers and not put anything down until they cough up the dough?
:bad:

Anyway, have any of you dealt with something similar? Now I can understand that a greedy individual would do something like this, but an organization like Special Olympics? Anyway…

Have any of you dealth with something like this? Or something similar?

Let it slide for a while. They may be behind on somethings because it’s the holiday season and most people just don’t give a **** around this time of the year. I say let it blow over til a week tops after New Years, if they still don’t respond by then, give them hell.

Don’t get the intention that you abuse an organisation for getting your money.
Is the page you are doing for them already online by parts?
well then just write them a friendly mail, that you want your money, or you will replace the pages you did with something like “technical difficulties”

That the thing, I have online on their servers to check on, and I mailed them an invoice already.

just a quick note, emails are legal documents! Hope you kept them.

verbal agreement soulty, verbal agreement, thats it.

you might of not had the whole agreement on the emails, but there are some aspect of your services for this client in your emails, those might help you if it ever gets nasty.