Site check please

I am not screaming at anyone

“Hey Psycho dude (BrintonWhite), Kirupa has been alerted to your posts.”

Well, thats just typical, isn’t it?!!!

Ah who gives a shi= ANYWAY?

I just don’t think it’s acceptable to swear at members who ask for critiques and to tell them how rubbish their work is. This forum is for constructive criticism. This jdl’s first Flash site and I am sure she would appreciate it if you would try to help instead of just slandering her work.

Sorry jdl for hijacking your thread but someone has to admonish this fellow.:cop: :jail:

What rubbish, it was me who posted first complementing the work

Flash Gordon, thanks for the extra help with my site - if I didn’t come in here in the first place for criticism , it would not be improved. Brinton is obviously upset I called Nirvana a ‘genius’ and so he started in on me but Brinton when I see a site created by someone so young it really astounds me and I really believe that is the mark of a very gifted person. You are welcome to disagree , just don’t start yelling at me about it and turning around and insult my own stuff. What is the point of that.
I don’t want you kicked out for it, I’m just retaliating.

This is the nature of this forum. I hate the place - full of people who are all too ready to be the big guy in town. I have had so much grief here it is impossible to explain. Nothing is EVER good enough, even if you completely do what a client wants- IT WILL always be wrong for some of the people here. Most of them are 9 anyway, so I suppose I should just accept it. I think your site is good, as I said in the first instance. But I will now get kicked out for good anyway - my fault

In fact that’s something for all of us to remember, most web people are under the age of 9 and it will be difficult for us to get on in design with these young people in charge. I spent 3 years at oxford studying applied mathematics and then a further 3 years at the royal colllege of art in london studying fine art and graphic design and what does it amount to - nothing!

The whole thing is a waste of time in many ways, all that one can achieve is some extra pocket money with web design.

It’s not my first flash site just my first portfolio site :stuck_out_tongue: So you don’t have to handle me with kid gloves - I can take harsh criticism when constructive.
http://www.br0wnsnake.com/edtribute.html
http://www.toyboxpuppet-theatre.com/car3.html
I have done flash before just still a learner.

Brinton, I totally agree, nothing WILL ever be good enough because there is always room for improvement but I try not to get too ‘anal’ about it you know because I am now sick of trying to get my site “right” also. So I just leave it alone if I’m happy with it or come back to it in a few weeks and you always remember good criticism and you are your own best/worse critic as well.
Anything computer related is highly stressful if you spend too much time at it as far as I’m concerned. I certainly wouldn’t want to have to make a living out of it full-time! I wouldn’t be good enough anyway. But I might be good enough to pick up some freelance work or just use my skills to help my own projects or friends. It’s still a good creative outlet and unlike you I’ve never studied maths so it exercises that part of my brain which is practically retarded :smiley:
If I were thinking of it as a career I’d specialize in one small field and be the very best at it. Make sure it’s an area I loved.
Thanks for your considerate reply.
Cheers.

PS: I like having young minds giving me help in here. They are smarter than me when it comes to this stuff.

“If I were thinking of it as a career I’d specialize in one small field and be the very best at it”

No you wouldnt be the best, no more than I would.

Sorry to say it it, but whatever you do, there will always someone who is ten thousand times better.

Agreed again but I still love doing it :slight_smile:
Now I’m going to go play some footy with my boys and get away from the computer!

good :slight_smile:

Man that is the lamest attitude you could possibly have.

I couldn’t really care less about how good other people are, it’s all relative. For instance every classroom has a budding genius, getting straight A’s, but does that mean you shouldn’t try to do as well as you can? No… of course not.

[QUOTE=Ordinathorreur]Man that is the lamest attitude you could possibly have.

no, just true

Ordinathorreur is SPOT ON ! It’s the learning process that counts. Who cares if your sites are a thousand times not up to scratch! I mean who really cares? Get out of your job if you don’t like it. But if you love it, you can take or leave the criticism of others in here. Don’t you think it’s cool when ppl bother to even look at your site and offer up a thought? I think it’s really cool considering just how many designers are out there doing stuff.

Now this thread has gone on too long that probably no1 will read this.
Just in case though- can you tell me exactly which fonts you think don’t work on my main movie AND can you tell me Flash Gordon - is it the orange that you think is too bright or other colours too?

It’s mainly the orange but also on the outback pop-ups the pinky/peach colour clashes on the orange very badly. I’ll get some screenshots of the font’s that don’t work and I’ll find some that I think do. That okay? I’ll post them soon.

Okay here’s what I came up with. I didn’t want to change very much cos you put all that hard work into creating it in the first place. The font is called ‘Another’ and if you can’t find it I’ll zip it and give it to you.

Thanks for going to that trouble. I see what you mean about the font being more consistent with the rest of the site but I thought everyone meant the font I was using in the descriptions for about etc. I hadn’t even thought of the numbers.
For the colours, I have a more subdued orange like you see on the splash pg and that tones everything down in the main movie. Must because I’m female but I really like my shades of pink :blush: so I’m keeping them.
Anyway I went to dafont pg and found lot’s of choices , so you reckon i don’t need to change the main about text etc? It’s the splash pg and preloader part only…

Yuck I hate my toned down oj puke , and honestly the redder orange doesn’t work- at most I’ll tone down the shades of pink in outback.
Do the fonts look a bit better? more consistent…I couldn’t find ‘ANOTHER’.
Ok I’m very bored of this site now :E~~~~~~~
I will have fun putting it on cd with the pop ups (there is no script for enabling that without the users browser active)
Thanks for all the help.