Site of the Week!

Hey everyone!
Here is the one for this week :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Kirupa :skull:

kirupa, faridur link dosent have any flash in it, at all?

Your right - I’ll disqualify that one.

octoc:
Cool site, not much wrong with it really. nice layout idea, type is clear and animation are quick and smooth. nice job.

finksmart:
i had some loading problems with this site, it just seems to take long to load up the splash page and then content within the site. layout is simple and so is the buttons and mouse over effects on the buttons, i dont like the colour of the container for the navigation (whats that green part? looks out of place) and i dont like the colour for the bar on the mouse over effects, i think that green part kinda kills this as well. Music did not match the site and while the images look beautiful, i didnt like how you hide your information. Too much effort for the user to find important information. With all that said I love the transitional effect on the images between sections.

greg:
popup = nasty, never been a fan-of popup websites, although design is very creative, nice art incoporated with the layout but tends to be a little messy at times, content is nice, i like the illustrations and i like the nav (min and max version) but i dont like the yellow bar used with the nav and the animation to go along with that, looks cheap. floating windows in some of the sections kill the layout and i like when its more structured like the illustration section.

faridur:
no comment- to be eligable for sotw you need to have at least 50 percent flash incoporated within your site.

khamstra:
Nice flash work incoporated within the html page. Very informative, a nice layout , colour scheme work and looks great, nice site.

3dnirvana:
i can see you have updated some of the parts of your website from last time, the font style still dosent work and why is the text in profile all the way to the left with nothing to the right?.

i see you have left justified your type (all in line to the left) in your latest updates page but you havent done it in your profile page? why is that?

i dont really like the sounds on your buttons and i have no idea why you still have decided to keep that menu where the main buttons disappear, navigation should be easy to get to, i dont want to click twice to get to another section. also the animation error still occurs when you press the back button (seems like site restarts). background pic is ok, but does not really go together with the site well.

good slice:
very cool site, love the logo, i was about to start complaining about the hidden aspect of your main navigation until i saw that open quick menu, so all is forgiven :stuck_out_tongue:
I really like the design feel to this site, simple and well thought out. The intro was new to me and looks great, the mouse overs are sharp and the sounds is just right. the content is neat and so is the transitions to it. Nice site.

Oh and just noticed that when i visited your site again the background image was different, doing this 5-6 times it seems that you have 5 images random for the background image, nice touch… well done.

necrosis:
a nice techy site. interface looks great, and content is not too bad within the site. the images look great and work well but i kinda dont agree with the font used for the main navigation. looks a little stretched to me. Site is pretty much simple and straight forward, informative and cool to look at.

federicolupo:
fresh looking site, not sure about that dude flying turning into a bird (that was poser right?) im not a fan of poser and im glad you only used it for the intro. Site colours are cool and work well, interface is smart and easy to access. images and content within the site are clean and smartly positioned, music is cool too.

a overall nice site ,if only i could understand that language, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

webtoaster:
site is ok, images used look alright though some of the images cover the audio buttons which i think shouldnt happen. text and some of the graphics are a little rough around the edges and its kinda has a overall low funding, cheap movie feel to it.

my choice is between 3, octoc, goodslice and federicolupo. hmmmm…

Faridur looks suspiciously much like www.alistapart.com (or the previous version of alistapart, not sure).

Yup, it’s definitely a rip:

ALA:

<meta name="description" content="Web design, content, and coding. Accessibility, CSS, XHTML, scripting, server side, front and back end. Designing with web standards." />

<meta name="keywords" content="xhtml, css, design, web, layout, standards, accessibility, usability, style, sheets, downloads, free, scripts" />

Faridur:

<meta name="description" content="Web design, content, and coding. Accessibility, CSS, XHTML, scripting, server side, front end. Designing with web standards.Faridur Rahman Choudhury" />

<meta name="keywords" content="xhtml, css, design, web, layout, standards, accessibility, usability, style, sheets, downloads, free, scripts,web, design, logo, brochure, poster, interface, internet, consultancy, photoshop, illustrator, flash,  macromedia, MX, dreamweaver, downloads, freelance, assam, india, delhi, new delhi, software, design, craftsmanship, functionality, usability studies, designing, insight, interfaces, Farid, Faridur, Rahman, Choudhury, Tezpur, Assam, India, New Delhi, Hadia, web page design, web design, design, fonts, typography, business, media, communications, animation, graphics, marketing, page, designers, copy writing, new media, multimedia" />

You can even see where he started adding his own words :sigh:

His CSS file is also a rip of ALA’s, he even copied the comments.

ALA: http://www.alistapart.com/c/ala.css
Faridur: http://www.faridur.com/css/layout.css

I’m emailing ALA about this.

I wish I could access the site your talking about voets. It doesn’t seem to be up ATM?

Not for nothing but that guy is a real piece of work, at least make your own meta :lol:

edit: I got to see the site, obvious rip.

Wow - that is so a rip :evil:

I commented about his rip here: http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=580037#post580037 :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, i never ended up voting, guess i didnt need to. :stuck_out_tongue:

:lol:
:thumb:

I see that goodslice submitted mn8 and won, though I doubt that he is the creator of the site …

{insert explosion sound}

You are probably right. I never bothered to check his own site…which is on a .tk account and not working for me. Sigh - I should have known better than to trust the SOTW posters for actually having read the rules :stuck_out_tongue:

If goodslice were out, which other site would you all recommend? I don’t think it is fair to the other contestants to have mn8 win.

You got a point now V.
If goodslice didn’t make the site, i think we should disqualify his entry.

My vote goes to federicolupo.

I emailed goodslice about this when he submitted it, but I haven’t got any reply. So I say disqualify.

:smiley:

In the last SOTW thread I explicitly put a post saying **DON’T POST ANYMORE AFTER 10 SUBMISSIONS HAVE BEEN MADE, 4 SUBMISSIONS FROM NOW. **There was still a submission too much, and I’m sure that there would have been more if I hadn’t closed the thread. Sigh.

Definatly scratch m8, I didn’t check either :trout:

I’ve sent a PM to goodslice. Let’s see what happens from that :frowning:

I don’t understand why one would post someone else’s site for SOTW. I mean even if you didn’t read the rules, why would you do that :lol:? It makes no sense.

edit: maybe revote?