Sketch is a great app for UI design and…sketching! :P

For the past few weeks, I’ve started to use Sketch to create illustrations for tutorials and so on, and it is such a nice tool. It takes all of my favorite features from Illustrator and Flash/Animate that I’ve used for many years and packages it all up in a single interface:

I don’t change my workflow or tools very often, but this is one time I am happy to have voluntarily made the switch as opposed to being forced to because the app was being discontinued (…Fireworks!!!) :fire:

Any other Sketch users here?

:stuck_out_tongue:

sounds-familiar

:thinking: :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve used it for a few years for various sorts of art and interface prototyping tasks.

There are some resources for using it for Apple platform designs, too: Apple Design Resources - Apple Developer

1 Like

Sketch is definitely a great app. Changed the design game. However, over the last few years, I would say that Figma has slowly taken over. The biggest leverage Figma had was that it was the first design tool based in the browser – so we had the chance to enjoy the biggest benefits of the cloud, such as versioning, collaboration, compatibility and accessibility.

Tell you what though. I’m sharing this other cool UI/UX tool that touches much earlier in the design process. If there’s anyone that still draws wireframes by hand, Uizard might be a good tool to play with – it transforms the wireframes to a digital UI with code in a matter of seconds. :slight_smile:

Uizard does look neat. Are you part of the team that created it?

Cheers,
Kirupa

Or working on marketing it? :wink: https://uizard.io/blog/author/thea/

1 Like

First post, with an external link, in an old, yet semi-related thread… :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m part of the team that’s “building it,” although I’m mostly in charge of managing the community.

Actually just here to learn more about trending topics within the web design industry and found a good opportunity to share what we’re working on in a relevant topic. Please feel free to put it down if it’s otherwise against the rules.

We aren’t selling anything. We’re still in development stage, so full access to the platform is available via private beta (—and, don’t mean this to be a marketing pitch, but if anyone is excited about trying out new tools, I can give you full access). :v:t2:

1 Like

I’ve been following Tony’s work and research for some time and have had beta access for over a year now, its pretty cool stuff he is doing.

1 Like

Tony hawk? I was wondering what he was up to these days.

Appreciate the openness :grinning:

As you can imagine, we get quite a lot of posts soliciting some product/service, so there is a level of suspicion new posts with an external link get haha.

1 Like

Tony Beltramelli, but he might do some skate thrashing too?

Nice to hear that! :slight_smile: I can potentially hook you up with him in case you want to discuss ideas or just have a remote “coffee” :slight_smile:

And thanks for the openness everyone!
I understand where the suspicion comes from :rofl: I’m looking forward to learn in this community!