Slanted Background Help?

So if I would wanted to create a background with slanted lines like 45 degrees, that stretch along the whole page, how should I do it?

I’ve tried the tutorials in Kirupa, by making a 3px*3px slanted lines, and make it repeatedly duplicate among the whole page(originally just the stage), but that would make my flash very laggy.

So is there any way that I could make it stetch till the whole page, without using BIG PICTURES.Cause we dont know the screen resolution the user using, and it would also lag if i put a very big graphic at the back.

So any PRO’s out there have any idea how this could be done? :q:

Flash 8 has the bitmap data. But in flash 7 or earlier, your kinda out of luck.
One way to do it is to make the background in the html, then set the movie to be transparent in the publish settings. =)

make a square mc named “square”, make it 26 x 26
draw a slanted lines in it
make it export in the first frame.
paste this code in the timeline…

tileBG = function () {
	mydee = 500;
	tile_width = 26;
	tile_height = 26;
	x_max = Math.round(Stage.width/tile_width);
	y_max = Math.round(Stage.height/tile_height);
	for (x=0; x<=x_max; x++) {
		for (y=0; y<=y_max; y++) {
			bg = this.attachMovie("square", "bg"+x+y, mydee);
			bg._x = tile_width*x;
			bg._y = tile_height*y;
			mydee--;
		}
	}
	trace("bg_ready");
};
tileBG();