Slides - What's Wrong?

I’ve done something by accident, and now the first slide is kind of acting like a parent slide of all the rest. However, it isn’t. This is really pissing me off. Thanks in advance.

bump

what do you mean? what are you talking about?

If you don’t have pro, you wouldn’t know. My first slide is acting as a parent slide, though it is not set as one in the left thingy. This is a bug or something, I need fixing.

I do have pro, now explain in a little more detail.

It just seems like a bug. One minute, I insert a picture, and now, when I export the movie, I have my parent slide showing, slide 1 showing, and slide 2 showing.When I click a link to slide 3, it is parent, 1, & 3, etc. It’s a bug, and I really need help. Thanks for the help so far. By the way, The Z-order is (from bottom to top) parent, 1, other (2,3,4,5,6).

can I see your .fla?

It’s way too big for this (try 12 mb). Even the swf is big (595 kb). Sorry.

What you need fixing?
jerez_z has right, please explain more in detail:stunned:

scotty(-:

I can’t explain much more… sorry. Post #8 is the most detailed I could get.

I think we need a bit of translation…by slide do you mean frame(ie in the timeline), a layer, or a movieclip? I could try to help you out if you were able to send the fla to my email shawn[at]veuphoria[dot]com
However, I’m afraid no one will be able to help unless you can explain in more detail what the problem is.

Okay. I sent the fla. By slide, I mean all the contents (all the MC’s, vectors, masks, layers, etc.) of that slide. There must be something extremely simple that I am forgetting to tell you.

By the first slide do you mean the one that is called “presentation” by default?

No, I mean the child slide… the one after that. However, it is acting as yet another parent slide of the rest of the slides: it acts like this
presentation
slide1
slide2
slide3
slide4
slide5
slide6
But slide 1 is not a parent slide in the settings. What’s wrong

Sorry it took so long for me to reply I hadn’t even realized you could make slide presentations in flash, has always been one of those things I just overlooked, since I mainly work on websites. So I taught myself a bit and I found your problem.

Click on slide one goto properties, and fill the “class name” block with this:
mx.screens.Slide

Fixed it on my end meaning it [U]should[/U] work for you

Good Luck,
Shawn

Or just don’t EVER use slides (at least not until they’re updated in a newer version of Flash) :
http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=573483&postcount=2

Thank you for your good effort and thinking. Your are the best ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever! (I typed that all out, no copy and paste, that’s how thankful I am).

np I hate those little problems they always drive me nuts, good luck on the rest of your project looked like a good start, by the way I deleted your fla so you dont have to worry about it being stolen