Sneak peek at the site's new design!

The changes are slowly starting to go live! I am updating the fonts on the tutorial pages with a handful of glitches that I will slowly address momentarily.

1 Like

The next frontier here will be updating the look of the forums. I am likely going to be tweaking this official theme, which you can preview by clicking here!

It looks great
I hope you have a pixelated sun (and moon for the dark theme) :slight_smile:
Yep, the forum needs it! just a pixelated bkg blue would be a huge difference.

2 Likes

Regarding the pixelated sun and moon, that is a great idea!

2 Likes

I’m slowly making changes to the design! Here is what a callout section looks like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still haven’t forgotten about making the forums look nicer! Here is a theme from Discourse that seems like a good candidate to use here and then modify with the more pixel-themed visuals. Thoughts?

Love it, Pasquale and you did a great job:a tiny smile on my face: It’s incredibly sleek and has that vintage vibe all at once. Such as purchasing a new Super Nintendo
Thanks

More design updates! This time, the typography has been cleaned up a bit.

Plus, we now have a revised footer:

All of this is still a WIP, but I do hope to be getting closer to wrapping up the main site work and then shifting to the forums in a week or so.

1 Like

Love it!. Looks great

Almost reaching the end of all the changes. I’ve started updating the forums with the latest styles and fonts. There is still a bunch of little things to do, so I hope to tackle those tomorrow.

1 Like

The changes are slowly starting to go live. :yum:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The font looks pretty sweet, what’s the font?… or did you make your own?

1 Like

Not that, but the font is pretty cool! I didn’t make it myself. I don’t have those kinds of skills! :cake:

The font is Born2bSporty for the headings and Chakra Petch for the body. I describe those here: About this Site

No, the thing I wanted to point to is the pixelated orange logo. I got permission from the original creator to use it as the site’s logo! :tangerine:

1 Like

Super cool that you got the original logo back!

2 Likes

Nice! Super clean. Love the dark theme [blue] feeling and customizations.
(sorry, can’t stop imagining those clouds moving super, super slow :slight_smile:
Great job!

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Also, I just noticed that we don’t have moving clouds on the forums! That’s something I’ll try to fix in the near future.

2 Likes

This was so fun to jam on with you man!

2 Likes

@kirupa i can’t see the forum buttons via safari mobile at the front page Kirupa.com

I’ll need to fix that in the near future! Good catch :slight_smile: