Sneak peek at the site's new design!

I mentioned this earlier, but I’m working with Pasquale (aka Darkmotion) on a redesign of the site.

The goal isn’t to go too “out there”, but I do want to go back the pixelated style of yesteryear…err decade! :slight_smile:

The clouds will be animated. I also got permission from the creator of the Dark Project icons to use them on the new design, so you’ll likely see a lot of the old icons coming back as well.

The forums will get a similar treatment as well. So expect to see a lot more pixelated icons here as well.

Early thoughts? Concerns?

1 Like

Love it, u and Pasquale nailed it :slightly_smiling_face:… its got that retro feel but at the same time really slick. Like getting a new Super Nintendo…

1 Like

That is exactly the feel we were going for! Now, all we need is some 8-bit video game background music. Which may not be a bad idea actually!

1 Like

The changes are slowly starting to go live! I am updating the fonts on the tutorial pages with a handful of glitches that I will slowly address momentarily.

1 Like

The next frontier here will be updating the look of the forums. I am likely going to be tweaking this official theme, which you can preview by clicking here!

It looks great
I hope you have a pixelated sun (and moon for the dark theme) :slight_smile:
Yep, the forum needs it! just a pixelated bkg blue would be a huge difference.

2 Likes

Regarding the pixelated sun and moon, that is a great idea!

1 Like

I’m slowly making changes to the design! Here is what a callout section looks like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still haven’t forgotten about making the forums look nicer! Here is a theme from Discourse that seems like a good candidate to use here and then modify with the more pixel-themed visuals. Thoughts?

Love it, Pasquale and you did a great job:a tiny smile on my face: It’s incredibly sleek and has that vintage vibe all at once. Such as purchasing a new Super Nintendo
Thanks

More design updates! This time, the typography has been cleaned up a bit.

Plus, we now have a revised footer:

All of this is still a WIP, but I do hope to be getting closer to wrapping up the main site work and then shifting to the forums in a week or so.

1 Like

Love it!. Looks great

That sounds like an exciting project! Going back to a pixelated style can evoke a sense of nostalgia while also giving the site a unique and visually appealing aesthetic. It’s great that you’re collaborating with Pasquale on the redesign – having a talented partner can really elevate the creative process. I’m sure the community will be eager to see the new design once it’s ready!

Almost reaching the end of all the changes. I’ve started updating the forums with the latest styles and fonts. There is still a bunch of little things to do, so I hope to tackle those tomorrow.

1 Like