I download this Social Network Script and want to install it on my server. Below are the instructions…
To use AstroSPACES 1.0, you must perform the following steps, in order:
- Open libs/spaces_setup.php.
- Locate the following lines:
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘databasename’); // The name of the database
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘username’); // Your MySQL username
define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘password’); // …and password
define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘localhost’); // 99% chance you won’t need to change this value
// ** END SETTINGS ** //
- Edit the information to match your database setup
- Locate the line:
// ** Edit this Setting! **/
$email_on_reg = “0”; //Change this to one if you want to be notified whenever someone registers
$admin_email = “”; //Put your email address here.
- Edit the lines with the appropriate values.
- Open /definitions.php
- Locate the line “define(‘SPACES_DIRECTORY’, ‘EDITME’);”.
- Edit with the FULL path of your web directory (usually something like wwwroot/username/domainname/htdocs/). If you are unsure, contact your webhost. BE SURE TO INCLUDE TRAILING SLASH!
- Upload the ENTIRE contents of the astroSPACES folder.
- CHMOD all directories to 777 (rwxrwxrwx)
- Browse to http://mydomain.com/space.php?action=install (In the event installation cannot suceed, try running the queries in libs/install.sql with a database management tool like phpMyAdmin)
- If all goes well, you will be directed to the registration page.
- Invite your friends to join!
Please report all bugs to the bug tracker located at
Google Code is also the host of out SVN repository, if you care to check out
the bleeding edge code. The url to the Google Code project is
If you can install this for me, please contact me with your price at:
email: [email protected]