Strange framecontroll scripting

Hi!
I use this code on my page:
on(press) {
_root.play();
_root.gotoAndPlay(“studio_in”);
}
When I press the button, it will play a fadeouteffect that’s positioned one frame after the currentframe.

1.It fades out the current shown image with _root.play();
2.It fades in the new image, with *_root.gotoAndPlay(“studio_in”);

*The problem is that it seems that it just runs *_root.gotoAndPlay(“studio_in”); and skipps the fadeout:_root.play();

*If I just run _root.play();[font=Arial] the fadeout works, but not if I run gotoAndPlay after the play() section. Howcome??

regards, henrik, sweden
[/font]

It starts to play it, sees the gotoAndPlay and then does that. Try just play() and then at the end of the fadeout put the gotoAndPlay()

Ok, that makes sense. Though I can’t just put the gotoAndPlay() in the end of the fadeout, because depending of what button that’s pressed, the new image will be chosen, it won’t be the same everytime (it’s a menu I’m creating)

Maybe a while-function that runs play() as long as the fade-out last frame isn’t reached…

Nope, didn’t work very well. The while-function just fuc*ed things up. The script was warned to be to slow…

Well, you could make the fadeout be a mc, and pass the mc a variable that it then moves the movie to, something like:

mc.goToFrame = “myframe”;
mc.play();

and in the last frame of the mc:
_root.gotoAndPlay(goToFrame);

Its hard to tell if this will work without seeing your .fla though.