Stretching SWF's all the way across browser

I want to have a movie, a trailer basically, stretch all the way across so it is touching the browser from the left to the right borders.

Just like a widescreen movie trailer.

EXACTLY like this actually:
http://www.dreams2.com/siteintro1.htm

How would I achieve this? Do i still need to put it in an html page? What?

Thanks in advance,
M4R

set height and width to 100%… but actually a bug in ff causes this not to work very well, I suggest either redirecting to the swf itself or including a div that stretches to 100% and somehow get the swf inside it to do so as well… if you want I can go get the sourcecode for how I do it

That’s be really cool if you snagged the source code man. Also, could you just explain where in flash I make these adjustments? :slight_smile:

I gotta run out for an hour but I’ll be back to check. Thank you a bunch for the reply.

M4R

<style type=“text/css”>
<!–
body {
margin: 0px;
}
–>
</style>

in the head fixes mozilla’s bug :wink:

ah ha! Hey man thanks a lot! Much appreciated!

np :wink:

Crap, I’m an idiot for not realizing that one sooner! Of course just set the CSS magrin to 0pixels for the body. Duh! Delayed reaction on this one, sorry lol!!

yeah… stupid mozilla bugs… so odd that firefox has a bug that ie doesn’t have :stuck_out_tongue:

where would you put the scrolling=“no” tag? i tried putting it in the <div> tag but it didnt work.

also, how do you get it so the .swf is set so it extends behind the favorites bar and the address bar areas. that’s what i’m looking really looking for.

It’s not a bug in FireFox, it’s the CSS-specified box model recommended by the W3C…:wink:

Just name the document and load a window into itself via JavaScript and then set the scrollbars=‘no’ for the new JavaScript-opened window.

the fact that it’s not 100%, it’s always only about 200px tall and cutoff is what I was referring too… nothing about the box model :wink:

Ok, the correct css code for stretch a swf across the browser is this:

<style type=“text/css”>
<!–
body {
margin: 220px 0px;
}
–>
</style>

As you can see it’s just a modified version of what Bombingpixels had given me.
The 220 px centers the 800x150 swf in the html page. The 0px allows for no space/border btween the edges of the swf itself and the browser window.

Now in the swf itself, you should make these changes:

<embed src=“D:\Websites\Cameron\camtrailer.swf” quality=“high” scale=“noborder” bgcolor="#a59f9f" width=“100%” height=“100%”

Changing the width and height to 100% does not make the swf take up the whole html page, but intstead keeps it looking like it’s 150px high (it gets flattened like a pancake by the css code).

I don’t know if this is more confusing or what but it worked for me:
http://dynamic-effex.com/client/camtrailer.html

See? Goes all the way across. The only thing is, any bitmap images you put in this are gonna get pixelated to all hell.