SWFAddress is absolutely killing me.. help appreciated

I’ve been on swfaddress for two days now and I’ve already got the swf to the point that when I upload it and begin navigating, I can see the url changing in the address bar… the problem occurs when I try to use the forward and back buttons… they change the url as you would expect, but the state of the swf does not change… in other words the url changes but the movie sits still. from what I can tell it’s a problem with either the broadcast of the event object or a problem with the event handler function…

I’ve made the event handler function as simple as possible by only having one action in it (gotoAndPlay(15); )… and still nothing in that function gets executed… and I know it’s not a type-o or syntax error in the actionscript because when I upload and view the swf on the web, it jumps straight to frame 15, telling me that the event handler function and the listener are in fact able to communicate… but for some reason it’s like pressing the forward and back buttons arrent causing an event object to be generated… this is all done in actionscript 2 and on fl 8 by the way… does anyone know how to fix this???