Swinging Lightbulb

Hey Folks,

Ok, I am trying to make a movie clip in which when the user bumps a lightbulb with the mouse cursor, it swings about from a fixed point (the lightbulb is hanging by a string.) The problem is, I have found all of these pendulum tutorials, but none of them speak of fixing the pendulum to a specific point.

So how do I do it? Picture a lightbulb hanging from the ceiling - how do I get the bulb to swing on a 180 degree access?

Many thanks beforehand for all of your help. Later.

Hey,

I’m certain somebody in this forum knows how to do this. I’m just trying to bump it up the list a little. Please help! Thanks.

Did I stump the forum?

You stumped me, I tried it and got the “bulb” (i used a standard circle) to swing, but when I attached a line, it definitely didn’t work right. I will try some more, but I can’t guarantee anything because I am a newbie.

Lostinbeta how is it possible you consider your self a newbie, you have a response for almost every question posted on this forum? Your definitely not a newbie.
Your probably along with Pom,Immontoya,Kirupa and David the best scripters on this forum. Don’t consider yourself a newbie, cause your not, unless of course you mean to this specific topic, then maybe but still.

Kyle:)

HAHA, believe it or not, I really am a newbie. I am nowhere near the upperclassmen here such as Pom,Immontoya,Kirupa and David.

I have only been coding Since about June 2002. I am just a fast learner in some cases. My main department is Graphic and Web Design. I know web design languages such as HTML, Javascript, DHTML, and I am learning PHP right now. So I tend to help out with the website questions more.

I hope to be <I>almost</I> as good a coder as Kirupa, Pom, Dan, David, Iammontoya, etc in the future.

*Originally posted by TheGSB *
The problem is, I have found all of these pendulum tutorials, but none of them speak of fixing the pendulum to a specific point.
It shouldn’t be too difficult to manage if you have the pendulum equation. So what’s your code so far?

pom :asian: