Hi!
Yet another problem in my (probably) lame attempt at actionscript. In the duplicate movieclip tutorial on Kirupa I want to jump to a scene when a certain amount of movieclips are created. Here is the actionscript I have on my button which duplicates the moveclips:
[AS]on (press) {
i = i + 1;
duplicateMovieClip (_root.circle, "circle" + i, i);
** if (i == 20){
gotoAndStop(“Scene 2”);
}
** }[/AS]
I presume that when the button is pressed the movieclip “circle” is duplicated with increasing numbers created in the duplicate instance, i.e; circle, circle1, circle2 etc…
So, how do I create a small portion of actionscript that detects that when the 20th movieclip of “circle” (circle20) has been created and execute my script (which, at the moment, jumps to another scene)? As you can see, the part in bold is the actionscript I thought was needed, but it doesn’t seem to work.