Text over movie?

I was just wondering if it was possible to put like, a block of text over a flash movie in front page…

yes, put your text layer over your movie

I tried, its a div layer that im trying to put over the flash movie … and its not workingg … =s

ok in html ! Did you try by putting you flash movie as background ?
If not working why don’t you put your text in flash ?

Umm … well, there’s already a background and i dont want to put the text in flash? … is there annnyyy otherrr wayy … at all?.. :q:

well, if you put a dynamic text box over your movie and had it load an external TXT file, technically it wouldnt be getting the text from flash, and you could update it really easily (just a txt file to edit… wont have to go and rework the flash everytime you wanna update)

you coudl try this in the HTML also…
<script language=“JavaScript” type=“text/JavaScript”>
<!–
function MM_reloadPage(init) { //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
if (init==true) with (navigator) {if ((appName==“Netscape”)&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight; onresize=MM_reloadPage; }}
else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
}
MM_reloadPage(true);
//–>
</script>

<div id=“Layer1” style=“position:absolute; left:37px; top:24px; width:370px; height:139px; z-index:1”></div>

i’ve tried z-index’s and they dont work… so i put the javascript in the <body> section of the page right? … coz that’s not working either…

i tend to put it in the <head> but it should work in the body also.
Frontpage is annoying, i used it for many moons before going to dreamweaver which made life a lot more simple… and complex.

did you try chaning the z index number to a higher value?
(ps dream weaver has a layer tool that you can just draw that sucker ontop of whatever you want)

hahah…Dreamweaver seems so intimidating to use, i am thinking of switching to dreamweaver thought, if i cant get it to work in front page…

As for the z-index, i tried … it doesnt work… unfortunately.

bear in mind that the preview in front page is NOT accurate. so just because it looks like its not working in the preview, doesn’t mean its not gonna work on your production box. If you want, post your page and ill draw the layer on for you.
(im not able to post attachments, even though it says it is enabled… there is no BROWSE thing on the bottom of my screen as the FAQ says there is supposed to be)

Nevermind… its okay … im trying to learn dreamweaver myself now… thanks you guys for helping anyway! :slight_smile: