Text Snake Thingy Kinda Challenge

I was trying to think of something that would be fun but not the wildly unpopular “Photoshop Tennis”. Also something that anyone could do without knowing much. So tennis with code could throw people off, for example, because they would be easily outmatched by some others that know a bit more and do crazy things. I tried to think of something basic, like simple text input. How can that be challenging while still engaging?

I don’t think I ever came up with anything good. But I did write this last night (no real point to it) and threw some comments in there today in case anyone cared enough to go through the code (plain JS, no frameworks).

(with holiday pastel Easter theme!)

There’s no real purpose. I thought maybe there could be a coin or something to try to land on, and then people would compete to find the most creative way to get there, but its pretty hard to drive this thing. So it is what it is and now you know that it is.

Tennis Attempt 2: fail

I was totally going to play your photoshop tennis but you closed it!

You could always open it back up. You have the power :wink:

I might just do that. It’s gonna take me all day to figure out which button to press though…

my tennis ball went in the wrong court

If I wasn’t stuck fiddling with the mobile version of the site, I’d totally participate :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure the quote is actually written on the Voyagers golden record(Voyager 1 is currently in interstellar space…), but this could be the very first attempts to interpet human messages by an alien civilisation.

Jimmy Carter: > This is a present from a small, distant world, a token of our sounds, our science, our images, our music, our thoughts and our feelings. We are attempting to survive our time so we may live into yours.

Scary stuff indeed :smile:

1 Like