The End. Vote Now!

I guess Dj fell silent to his battle eh?

Keep it strong bro! Clench dem cheeks!

When does voting end?

voted for zao, really an amazing piece.

eh? did dj vote for his?

I think it would be safe to say that the voting is over.

Cool, so Dj had said in his very first post of the rules that the last 2 were going to go through a couple rounds back and forth before the battle was completely over. This is from the original post:

#1: There will be multiple challengers. A bracket will be posted showing who will battle who in the first round.

#2: Winners of the first round will move on to the second round. And so and so forth.

#3: The winner will also take along their .psd file from their previous round.

#4: In each round (after the first) challengers will exchange the .psd files. Challengers must use something from both of the .psd’s. This will continue until the last round.

#5: Once there are only two challengers left the match will turn into a Tennis Match. The two challengers will use the .psd files from the previous match to put together their first piece.

#6: The tennis match will work like this:
a. The two challengers will do the first round. A vote will take place after the round is completed and who ever wins will serve on the next round. The losser of the round has to AGAIN volley back
b. Again another round will proceed and voting will take place after the round is completed.
c. This will go on until the last round. After the last rounds vote the winner must make an “official” winning piece. The losser will also make one up. If the losser happens to beat the winner in this round he will win.
d. In the last round there are no rules except a due date. Nothing else will be set. That means that you can make anything you want. It doesn’t have to follow a theme, you don’t have to use your opponents images, natta. Just piece together the best image and try to win. Great comebacks will happen during this round.
e. The winner will (if Kirupa desides to) get a prize for winning the ULTIMATE KIRUPA PHOTOSHOP BATTLE.

are there still more rounds left?

hey you’re right! I forgot about this, I think some other people did too, or did they change that?

me too…

Hmmm, well how could this be a tennis match if we both had to create something from scratch…there was no base image. I think DJ forgot about it himself, it seems that the round we just did was the last round, because there was no theme.

No I did not vote for myself. I think that is foolish.

Good job Zao. I guess the simpler the piece the better. Dunno. Anyway Congrats. I’ll kick your butt another day.:stuck_out_tongue:

Spend those 50 bones wisely.

Btw those lines were supposed to be monitors. I guess in my rush to complete I didn’t execute it very well. Let me say that again in another way. I did NOT execute it very well.

Also my signature is to include myself in the piece somehow. So I’m not going to stray from that.

I am not mad that I lost. I procrastinated and that’s what I get for doin that. Besides the “underdog” always wins.:smiley:

I don’t know why I would ever be considered an underdog.

DJ - Does that mean all the other battles you won, you were the “underdog” in it?

Zao, no one is considering you an underdog. Maybe some of us are, but it’s only because we never knew you had so much talent. People like DJ battle almost whenever he gets to - he showed us lots of what he’s done so we expected lots from him.

I saw this new member called Zao and I didn’t know whether he was good in PS or not…I just didn’t expect anything from you because you hardly showed us any of your experience.

But trust me, it’s changed. No way in any other battle from now I’m expecting less of you. That’s because you’ve proved something that you won in the biggest battle in this forums so far ;).

Well, i’m glad that I could showcase my work in a battle like this. I guess it’s just how you know what you’re capable of, and you dislike being called an underdog, or a newb or whatever. heh. I’m really grateful for winning this battle, especially if it’s the biggest one this forum has had.

Yea now how about you spend that 50 dollars on some burger king eh?

Lol - what do you plan to get from Amazon? Books? CDs =)?

Hmmm, honestly really haven’t thought about it, I might get a new flash book, or a database & mysql book of the sorts. SO MANY CHOICES SOOOOOOOOO MANY.

Ok, now that I know it’s fully over :stuck_out_tongue: Congratulations, zao!! PM me your email address and I’ll email you the amazon gift certificate, once I figure out how to do it :wink: (Kirupa turned me this direction and promised me it’s easy to do :smiley: )

Adam

35-2. Ouch, dj is getting whomped.

Nice work you guys - I voted for zao, I felt it was more original.

The battle already ended.

But yes Zaos one was incredibly original :).

zao: my reccomendation for purchase: something that’s not computer oriented. It will be a refreshing break.

“gullibles travels” (sp?) by Billy Connoley. I had it once, but sadly I’ve misplaced it. And now I don’t know where it is. But while I had it, I thought it was one of the funniest books out there.

should you decide not to go for billy, then something by george carlin is sure to amuse.

just my 2.5¢