They (big brother) blocked the ability to view flash movies at school

**** school officials. Now everytime you go to a site with flash on it an annoying pop up comes up saying your activex controls do not allow you to view this site properly and all the flash is X’ed out. This is just another way to restrict our internet access at schools. We already have X-Stop which blocks over 99% of the sites on the internet and now this. GAY. It’s not like we could inflict a virus on the school computers through flash. It’s perfectly innocent yet they blocked it anyways. Pretty soon the hundreds hundreds of computers at my school will just be a useless pile of metal taking up space because we won’t be able to do anything on them.

they probably did it to keep kids from playing flash games when they SHOULD be doing work…

it makes sense really…when was the last time you were researching for a history paper and your source used flash???

:slight_smile:

-teet

sure kids play flash games on the computers but only because the bloody computer teachers at my school don’t realize that we accually know how to use microsoft word and give us some worthwhile work that would fill up the period.

I am mainly pissed off over this because my school district spent a lot of money to create a site that kids in my area can go to for math, english, science, and history tutorials. The majority of those tutorials were created in flash and now kids cannot even use that site from school.

I am mainly pissed off over this because my school district spent a lot of money to create a site that kids in my area can go to for math, english, science, and history tutorials. The majority of those tutorials were created in flash and now kids cannot even use that site from school.

ok… now it sounds lame of them …

The formentioned website, being a division of the school district, will probably make that site exempt. That school district uses a very powerful piece of hardware to block many “uneducational” websites. Which leaves you with access to the google homepage, the district homepage, and and a pretty black page with a big red X on it. Those computer suck, because you can’t do anything on them, besides your work. Well, i guess that was the whole point. :beam: I don’t really remember those computers very well anymore… i was never in class my senior/junior year. I always went off campus for lunch, and i figured, “hey, im already off campus, might as well go home.” ah well, i graduated, and that’s all that matters.

*Originally posted by Digigamer *
GAY.
What a ridiculous phrase :sigh:

*Originally posted by norie *
Which leaves you with access to the google homepage…

That’s the whole internet at your fingertips right there! :} Maybe I shouldn’t tell you this, but you can search for whatever website you wish, then visit that website through the google cache :wink: Voila! :smiley:

*Originally posted by asphaltcowboy *
**What a ridiculous phrase :sigh: **

I don’t think it even qualifies as a phrase

I:-) haha i never noticed the smiley with the swimcap (or whatever it is…)

*Originally posted by Phat7 *
**That’s the whole internet at your fingertips right there! :} Maybe I shouldn’t tell you this, but you can search for whatever website you wish, then visit that website through the google cache :wink: Voila! :smiley: **

they block searching for certain terms. (ie p0rn, wirez, hack, proxy)

ROFLMAO - i just started reading this forum phil that is funny as hell!

We have that at my school too.
Me being the l33t hacker that I am figured out how to get through it.
If you click a link on the “blocked site” page it asks for a user name and password.
So I typed in john and john for the password and username.
And lo an behold, I now can go to playboy.com at my school if I so desire.

*Originally posted by xxviii *
**We have that at my school too.
Me being the l33t hacker that I am figured out how to get through it.
If you click a link on the “blocked site” page it asks for a user name and password.
So I typed in john and john for the password and username.
And lo an behold, I now can go to playboy.com at my school if I so desire. **

LMAO** that’s pretty retarded.