Think about this next time you go 'tanning'

*Originally posted by EthanM *
**No No, You hit that nail pretty much on the head.

But as far as the wood cutting story goes, I know how to do hard work. I chose not to as I like my soft hands, but I can get dirty with the best of them. **

lol. Truthfully I wish my hands weren’t so ruff and scarred. I’ve had a couple of girlfriends comment on my callous.’ Seriously, what can I do to get rid of my callous’? Currently it’s like I have four ball bearings embedded in my skin. I’ve tried biting them off but that just makes them worse and I can’t work well with gloves on.

the callus is there to protect your hand. doing something to remove them, then going out and doing the work that created them is just asking for blisters, and other injuries.

the best way to get rid of a callus, is to avoid work with your hands. Once you have reached 30 or so, your habits are pretty well ingrained, and you will prob not get rid of any callus’ you have already created (which is why I refused to “toughen” my hands in the kitchen, and used towels to insulate the hot conatiners).

BTW - these same women who complained about your rough hands… they would have complained about you not being a ‘real man’ if you weren’t the way you are… :wink:

Rev

*Originally posted by Kitiara *
**Tanning salons are probably meant for people like me, who are inherantly pale. :slight_smile:

Problem is that no matter how much I go out in the sun, I just don’t tan. Alright, so the weather over here isn’t exactly conducive to getting that healthy glow, but in the summer there’re people who step outside for 10 mins and ping! Golden brown. I just do nothing. And no, I don’t burn either.

I’m just about as white as you can get. :sure: **
for those who are really white/pale isn’t it actually bad to get tans? i’m not talking about albinos, but i heard that people with really white skin are more likely to develop skin cancer.

i dunno, i could be wrong.

I’ve heard that as well Thor…

I have a couple of friends who have had skin cancer, both 10 years younger than I…

I just don’t spend time in the open sun, if I can avoid it. I wear hats, long sleeves, rarely wear shorts (cut off trousers for your Brits) when I go to outdoor music events.

but I will gladly sit in a smoke filled room drinking Potato Vodka and listening to live music…

Rev

the best way to get rid of a callus, is to avoid work with your hands.

Yeah right, no self gratification !!!
That’s only gonna create more work for my g/f and she isn’t gonna like that ! :slight_smile:

lol. Vulcan

When I was 15 or 16 and I got my first callous I was so proud!

*Originally posted by The_Vulcan *
**Yeah right, no self gratification !!!
That’s only gonna create more work for my g/f and she isn’t gonna like that ! :slight_smile: **

it sounds like you need to become friends with the “hand lotion” bottle…

:smiley:

Rev

I am sure your advice comes from experience reverendflash :slight_smile:

Logic tells me that if you have gotten callous’ from self gratisfaction, then you need to ‘lube’ up…

:wink:

that is all.

Rev

Well I can’t argue against that logic……

I tried to come up with a reason why it was illogical for you to make that assumption, and hence you must have drawn the conclusion from personal experience.

But alas I could not. :frowning:

*Originally posted by reverendflash *
**Logic tells me that if you have gotten callous’ from self gratisfaction, then you need to ‘lube’ up…

that is all.

Rev **

Definitely! OUCH! lol

Despite my best efforts I still have a few rough spots on my hands from lifting eights, I could use gloves I suppose.

And I’m ok with being a Dandy Boy. I always have been and always will be. Live fast and die pretty is my motto.

*Originally posted by billmarr *
**lol. Truthfully I wish my hands weren’t so ruff and scarred. I’ve had a couple of girlfriends comment on my callous.’ Seriously, what can I do to get rid of my callous’? Currently it’s like I have four ball bearings embedded in my skin. I’ve tried biting them off but that just makes them worse and I can’t work well with gloves on. **

Maybe you should date a different kind of girls :stuck_out_tongue: I think rough hands are a good sign that someone knows how to work hard. Plus… I know I would feel weird dating a guy who has softer hands than I! In any case, get yourself some shea butter and rub it on your hands. That should soften them up a bit without making you a dandy boy. Do NOT bite them off. That will make the callous grow back thicker.

**I always have been and always will be. Live fast and die pretty is my motto. **

But spending 2-3 hours a day primping isn’t exactly Living Fast now is it?

sounds to me like the problems of a high maintenance female, without a single benefit…

Just My Opinion on Men’s primping to extreme…

Rev

But spending 2-3 hours a day primping isn’t exactly Living Fast now is it?

I only spend maybe 1 1/2 hours a day, and there is a single benefit…

…Being Pretty
and hanging out with other pretty people
and having a breathtaking celebrity girlfriend

still, 1 1/2 per day, plus time in a spa, plus time in a tanning paint studio, plus hair salon…

not exactly a fast lifestyle tho…

sounds like being with pretty people is very high on your list. congrats on acheiving your goals.

Rev

Rev, you must know most of this is tongue in cheek.

Yes I spend time grooming and I care about my appearance. I model when I can and stay current on my grooming.

The live fast de pretty line is from a punk rock t-shirt.

I understand, but you are the one making this lifestyle look glamorous… be prepared to get jabs back…

and this is my thread afterall, not EthanM’s grooming defense league…

Rev

Well as long as we can all agree that Paris Hilton takes the cake for the

“God I love myself dont I look pretty crown”

I tell ya all,
If she wasn’t as dense as a brick wall and a Sl…
I could see myself having a thing for her

**Rev, you must know most of this is tongue in cheek.

Yes I spend time grooming and I care about my appearance. I model when I can and stay current on my grooming.

The live fast de pretty line is from a punk rock t-shirt. **

So it was a fashion thing not a statement?