Throw Stones at Jubba! Do your worst!

OK, let me rephrase : how did you do it with Photoshop ?

pom 0]

Going against the general consensus here, I actually quite like the orange and red colour scheme. But then, I would - my problem is that I either go for a minimalist approach or completely technicolour.

By the way, have we established how you did that background pic? Whatever. I think it’s cool.

Hey Jubba. Just to let you know… Requiem is the title of a game from White Wolf studios I think. I have no clue if that’s a copy right problem, but they do use the same font for the title of their game supliments as you’re using for his logo. Like I said… might not be a big deal at all, but it might also be worth checking into… just in case.

I like the menu, the subtle animations in the background, and the loadtime. The colors only leave a little to be desired, and even at that, it’s a matter of personal choice. They certainly wouldn’t diswade me from visiting the site.

Upu: Thanks for the info on the copyright issues. I’ll talk to the owner.

Pom: It was done using a filter. Under “Filter>Sketch>Torn Edges” and have the two colors selected. The colors we used were

993300 for the maroon color
B05900 for the orange color

and the images were just pictures taken from our local City hall. Its the best place in the city to skate but we get kicked out and ticketed if we do skate there.

And I have more of the thing done, so hopefully the bandwidth will allow people to view the page today. :slight_smile: It will be uploaded shortly

Ok, I finally got that dam text to load in and the scroller to work, so the main page is pretty much doen. now I have to go thru and make all the individual sections, but here is what i have so far. It won’t change at all thru the day so please, only view it once so I don’t go over my bandwidth allowment…

www10.brinkster.com/jubba…/test.html

:slight_smile: :lol: :wink:

and Upu, do you have a link or anything because I just checked the entire White Wolf website and I didn’t find anything that had to do with Requiem…? I just wanted to see if they had any screenshots or anything like that…

and I checked some other video game sites for Requiem and the only one that came up was Requiem: Avenging Angel…Or was it some other type of game, like card game or RPG?

I’ll find it, but I did remember that the font for Requiem is different than that. got my games mixed up. As long as the font is different, I wouldn’t worry about it. I’ll find the link anyway.

Nice 2advanced like menu, Jubba.
And thanks for the PS tip.

pom 0]

Jubba-
Coming along nicely! I prefer the first image but this ones cool too! The sites growing on me, I like it better each time I see it. I like your menu, the scrollbar will be cool too. Just make sure people don’t have to figure out how to find the menu, cause some might not find it. I also got a sandbox error, figured it had something to do w/brinkster. How many megs of space do they provide for a free site? Because I could place my index page all over the place for free, letting all to know to go to corpust.com after they get there.

Oh, and I accidently hit refresh 44 times until an error displayed saying something about bandwidth. Then the accident stopped. Weird, ya know! :wink:

pj
:stuck_out_tongue:

Upu: Thanks.

Pom: 2Advanced, and every other freakin flash site out there. If we don’t draw inspiration from somewhere and then incorporate that inspiration into our own work, then what the hell is the inspiration there for?!

Phil: Uhmmmmm…I believe its 30 Mb of webspace, but no files larger than 1 Mb. I know www.angelfire.com has 20Mb of space with no limit on file size…oh, and “sandbox error”?

*** Security Sandbox Violation ***
SecurityDomain 'www.angelfire.com/dc/vidg…mage3.swf’ tried to access incompatible context ‘[url="http://www10.brinkster.com/jubbaorf/requiem/flashtest/Req_Final23.swf’"]www10.brinkster.com/jubba…nal23.swf’

I got it everytime I clicked your link. Don’t know what it means, but you better make sure no cats are in the sandbox, thats what it means to me. The scrolbar had nothing in it, and unscrollable-maybe your still building it @ 1:10 am chicago time, I dunno, but I don’t wanna keep going back cause of your bandwidth thing.

pj
:wink:
I liked the first background image the best, FYI, IMO.

No I’m not building it. I’m still testing different scroll methods and the like. you are getting that sandbox error, becaues I am loading the background SWFs from my angelfire account, into my BRinkster account. Appearently they don’t like it when you do that…oh well, too bad…

First off: hosting, I recommend your-site.com. I’m hosting 4 sites on my little account and it has never failed me. Right now the email system is crappy though, but that’s the only draw and I think the your-site guys are working on it.

As for the site - the color scheme isn’t too bad. I definitely like that the white logo and “Requiem” title stand out in white. I’m not sure about the location of that logo however - it almost appears to be falling off of the page. It’s really hard to say much since there’s not much there yet - no inter-section animations to see or content to read. Also the html part doesn’t appear to be finished - I’m particularly interested in seeing how you handle blending this swf file with the HTML - will you do it successfuly or will you resolve in a pop-up. There’s still a bit of unused space - I wonder what you will do with it. Everything’s just speculation on this end - I think I’ll have more to say as this project develops.

My primary interest was your speculation. The owner wants to use a chromeless pop up window, so that will be the answer to that question. And the positioning of the logo and everything else is still not set in stone. I’m sure everything will be move around at least a little bit before the final product is released.

won’t everyone who has pop up killer not be able to go to the site? or is that not true?

pj

Wow, Jubba. I haven’t really been following your progress because I’ve been silently protesting your misuse of the Random board, but I’ve so far seen the first design you did yourself (not the HTML one) and then this newest one. HUGE progress. Great work. Looks very professional. All you need to do is stretch it out to ensure it fills the whole window. I can’t remember the code for that, but I think Phil told me it, so he can probably tell you it if you don’t know it.

Phil: Not as a “pop-up” pop-up, but as a chromeless window. So that won’t be the same thing.

Live: I wondered why your opinion was not present. I apologize for misusing the Random board, however, it does say “Relax and talk about anything that you feel like talking about.” :slight_smile: And thanks for the support.

Jubs-
Thats it buddy! You tell that great white northerner whassup…Random means random man! And for a second think about the irony of Live ‘silently’ protesting anything…It’s not in his nature… :rollin:

pj

Hey, I found something I can insult, er, help Jubba with!

When you want to scroll down the text scrollers you have click again and again. You can’t just hold on to it.

yeah i know it does that. I’m not done with the scroller yet. Now I am trying to get the owner to get me a text file so that I can determine the length of the text and get a scroll bar to work correctly.