Throw Stones at Jubba! Do your worst!

Jubba-
Coming along nicely! I prefer the first image but this ones cool too! The sites growing on me, I like it better each time I see it. I like your menu, the scrollbar will be cool too. Just make sure people don’t have to figure out how to find the menu, cause some might not find it. I also got a sandbox error, figured it had something to do w/brinkster. How many megs of space do they provide for a free site? Because I could place my index page all over the place for free, letting all to know to go to corpust.com after they get there.

Oh, and I accidently hit refresh 44 times until an error displayed saying something about bandwidth. Then the accident stopped. Weird, ya know! :wink:

pj
:stuck_out_tongue:

Upu: Thanks.

Pom: 2Advanced, and every other freakin flash site out there. If we don’t draw inspiration from somewhere and then incorporate that inspiration into our own work, then what the hell is the inspiration there for?!

Phil: Uhmmmmm…I believe its 30 Mb of webspace, but no files larger than 1 Mb. I know www.angelfire.com has 20Mb of space with no limit on file size…oh, and “sandbox error”?

*** Security Sandbox Violation ***
SecurityDomain 'www.angelfire.com/dc/vidg…mage3.swf’ tried to access incompatible context ‘[url="http://www10.brinkster.com/jubbaorf/requiem/flashtest/Req_Final23.swf’"]www10.brinkster.com/jubba…nal23.swf’

I got it everytime I clicked your link. Don’t know what it means, but you better make sure no cats are in the sandbox, thats what it means to me. The scrolbar had nothing in it, and unscrollable-maybe your still building it @ 1:10 am chicago time, I dunno, but I don’t wanna keep going back cause of your bandwidth thing.

pj
:wink:
I liked the first background image the best, FYI, IMO.

No I’m not building it. I’m still testing different scroll methods and the like. you are getting that sandbox error, becaues I am loading the background SWFs from my angelfire account, into my BRinkster account. Appearently they don’t like it when you do that…oh well, too bad…

First off: hosting, I recommend your-site.com. I’m hosting 4 sites on my little account and it has never failed me. Right now the email system is crappy though, but that’s the only draw and I think the your-site guys are working on it.

As for the site - the color scheme isn’t too bad. I definitely like that the white logo and “Requiem” title stand out in white. I’m not sure about the location of that logo however - it almost appears to be falling off of the page. It’s really hard to say much since there’s not much there yet - no inter-section animations to see or content to read. Also the html part doesn’t appear to be finished - I’m particularly interested in seeing how you handle blending this swf file with the HTML - will you do it successfuly or will you resolve in a pop-up. There’s still a bit of unused space - I wonder what you will do with it. Everything’s just speculation on this end - I think I’ll have more to say as this project develops.

My primary interest was your speculation. The owner wants to use a chromeless pop up window, so that will be the answer to that question. And the positioning of the logo and everything else is still not set in stone. I’m sure everything will be move around at least a little bit before the final product is released.

won’t everyone who has pop up killer not be able to go to the site? or is that not true?

pj

Wow, Jubba. I haven’t really been following your progress because I’ve been silently protesting your misuse of the Random board, but I’ve so far seen the first design you did yourself (not the HTML one) and then this newest one. HUGE progress. Great work. Looks very professional. All you need to do is stretch it out to ensure it fills the whole window. I can’t remember the code for that, but I think Phil told me it, so he can probably tell you it if you don’t know it.

Phil: Not as a “pop-up” pop-up, but as a chromeless window. So that won’t be the same thing.

Live: I wondered why your opinion was not present. I apologize for misusing the Random board, however, it does say “Relax and talk about anything that you feel like talking about.” :slight_smile: And thanks for the support.

Jubs-
Thats it buddy! You tell that great white northerner whassup…Random means random man! And for a second think about the irony of Live ‘silently’ protesting anything…It’s not in his nature… :rollin:

pj

Hey, I found something I can insult, er, help Jubba with!

When you want to scroll down the text scrollers you have click again and again. You can’t just hold on to it.

yeah i know it does that. I’m not done with the scroller yet. Now I am trying to get the owner to get me a text file so that I can determine the length of the text and get a scroll bar to work correctly.

hey…this thread was dying so I thought I would revive it. The owner has some videos that he wants to put into the site, and we are trying to get some different effects. Here’s one (the kid on the video is 14! he’s really good its scary)

<embed src=“http://www10.brinkster.com/jubbaorf/requiem/flashtest/paulKickflip.swf” height=240 width=320></embed>

Flash MX is great for importing video, too bad I can’t do it at 100% quality, it takes forever to load…

here’s another one, i want to see how this one loads.

<embed src=“http://www10.brinkster.com/jubbaorf/requiem/flashtest/paulKickflip2.swf” height=240 width=320></embed>

the only difference is this one has a preloading image. Its a photoshop distortion of one of the frames of the movie (like the pause) and it looks pretty neat. but people on faster machines with faster connections won’t be able to see it. it only flashes real quick on my machine…maybe I should have two downloads…one for faster machines and one for slower machines…

Hey !Jubba,

My overall first impression is generally favorable and I like your color scheme. Not sure about legibility of text color. White or some lighter shade might be better. Device fonts help.

Couple more comments: I agree with RG on your logo - it’s a good design, but your placement is ideosynchratic. One possibility would be to balance your very nice Requiem sig with the bird motif in your masthead, i.e. Requiem on the left, circular raptor logo to the right, possibly with a tagline of some kind in between. I see that the logo might not work quite as well at a smaller size so you might want to experiment with the sizing somewhere to see how well it works smaller. I believe it would also work quite well much larger as a b/g motif, perhaps on subsequent pages.

I’m not sure about your planned content, but to my eyes and strictly from a design standpoint, the text box busies up your otherwise clean design.

Another possibility with the circular bird motif would be to contrast it off rotation with the Requiem sig…

I just discovered your menu system, which was lurking unobviously between the horizontal bars. I was about to suggest getting rid of them altogether so as to free up space to work with your sig and logo in various combinations…so maybe some cue would be helpful for klutzed like me who don’t automatically sweep the mouse pointer all over the place. Just a thought. When I first built my HTML web page, I made it kind of like a game which was a lot of fun but then I started getting feedback that users couldn’t figure out what in the devil was up with that thang.

Also, from a purist design standpoint, I would not use your logo as a loading indicator - slightly cheesy imo. Graphics standards.

All in all, I think you’re off to an excellent start with this ! Jubba and I’ll try to check back with some more comments as time allows, which it often does not these days, but that’s another story.

Best,
:cool:
sp

Text Color: Thats what the owner wants. I may be able to convince him otherwise, but I doubt it.

Placement of REQUIEM Logo: Will change. That is not a big concern of mine at this point.

Menu: As the site loads the Menu will be cued in. It will be blatantly obvious to all, so not to worry about that.

Logo as Loading Indicator: I completely agree. However, Owner does not. We are going to move that to the right to line up with the smaller logo and hopefully it will mesh correctly. if not, then its gettin scratched…

Thanks for the input. I won’t have a chance to work on it til later this week, so nothing will change for a few days.

Yup yup yup, i’m back for more of your neverending criticism. I have the text that is up, the MEDIA and PRODUCTS buttons do a funky lil’ animation thing, don’t worry about that, you will understand what they are there for later once we get the pictures and videos in. Let me know what you think of the text…and other things. I changed a few subtle things…lets see if you all notice.

I am in the process of creating a scrollbar, and also changing the scroll buttons so you dont’ have to keep clicking them.

Oh, and if you click the Video button under Media, another small Menu opens, dont’ worry about htat cuz those buttons don’t do nothin…(yet)

Click here for the stone throwing to resume…

I hadn’t been tuning in for a while Jeff. Now I’ve seen your recent efforts BOOM! I’m preety impressed :slight_smile: Personally I love the colour schemes for the text and the whole lot. I think they all compliment each other very well…

That’s coming along nicely Jubba, keep it up!

The owner got his merchandise into our local skateshop. I guess some kids liked our stuff and called The Boardwalk and then they contacted Chip (the owner of REQUIEM) and set up a meeting, and after talking they decided to buy everything that he had left. 5 Boards, 11 tees, and about 100 stickers. He sent out a new board order yesterday and he’s sending out 3 new t-shirt design soon, and hopefully they will be buying his stuff again

Jubba-
Renn has graciously offerd to help with the design of my index and after telling her you had offered to make the title/menu I wanted to rope you to together and help with the rolling ball thang. Freedom is the word here, along with this consideration to be taken by both of you, which if you both thiink otherwise, I will follow the lead. I already have 280 backpages, in sub directories. Those pages have the brown pattern gif as B/G with the light/beige text area and 006699 as the text color. If AT ALL possible, I would prefer not changing all of those pages and would like what gets done to somehow just make those look natural and blend in, but will bend to what I think better designers might think. Just a thawt. But again freedom for the sake of a better page! Excercise it.

pj

BTW, I should have a little space set up for you sometime over the weekend with a subdomain to help you temporarliy with your bandwidth issues. I’ll let you know when it gets created. There is a charge of 10 bucks though and I am not sure when, after making the sub-domain it will be processed, as I have to do it with a credit card. Might not be usable till monday or tuesday if all goes well. Maybe sooner. But I will let you know. I will also make sure you both get credits and advertisment on the index page, per Renns humble request, as well as many others, and in ‘about corpus t’. And also a few other things I am mulling over as incentives/thank yous for your helps. You both will have to make a few flash banners for me to pick from to spider through the site. And if we all work together we can create a purchase page for both of your services, as I have shopping carts available for secure shopping. So people will, if we set it up, be able to purchase web design or other services and pay right there. Kind of neat!