Time Travel

haha :slight_smile:

time dilation is a PROVEN phgenomena.

time travel will never come to be. sorry but its just not gonna happen. =/. refer to current research done by hawkins as to why.

We already said Time Dilation was proven :slight_smile:

As for time travel not possible… DON’T RUIN OUR DREAMS MAN!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

nothing to do with God. just physics. btw ur logic in the light traveling being billions of years old and the object only being a few thousand years, plus the earth being young, sounds severely flawed.

wow i just reread my post and i sound like an ass hole. im sorry :frowning: im a in a rush.

VTS, to say time travel is not possible is kinda giving up …

im not saying its completly possible, and im not saying it isnt, what i am saying is maybe Hawking is wrong? (and possibly so because hes human) I think we’ll always strive to better ourselves and thinking of new theories etc… I think right now, time travel is not possible. But who knows in the futured maybe… =)

Phil,

Dr, Steven Hawkings,
hes a cosmologist whos in a wheel chair, talks with his computer, i’d say one of the brightest man ever, puts him right up with with all the rest in history. does most of his work in Time travel, quantum mechanics, space time continum stuff etc…

Brilliant man, if i could be 1/10th as smart he is, i’d be doing good lol

I think he is considered one of the worlds top known geniuses… literally.

I think if i could meet Dr. Hawking, i’d be like a teenage girl at a Nsync Concert lol (not litterally) but man, i’l be like …whoa… and then, yea… =) lol

Im watching a show on Gallelo, now, he too was a genuis for his time =)

Nova is so cool…

:cool:
Rev:elderly:

lol oh yea! You watching PBS too? lol =)

just finished…

:pirate:

lol rock on! =) thats too cool =)
=)

He dies at the end you know… :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh thanks for spoiling it for me!!! Its pointless to watch now!
lol jk =)

hehe yea. i know that =)

Just for the record, in science, nothing is proven, only disproven. THAT is a fact. Secondly, Einstein was thought a nut for years, then a genius, and now, his theories are being proved wrong again. I would not hold that Hawkins theories are absolute, and I doubt that he would either. He’s going off of the data that we have today, not the data that we may have in 20 years.

In our lifetime?, I doubt that we’ll have timetravel, but a scientist should never say never. (of course Edwin, I know you’re an artist, not a scientist, so I guess it’s ok that you say never. :wink: )

I agree with you 100% David, thats kinda what i was trying to say, but didnt quite make it that way =)

Science is ever changing with new theories and discoveries and i think its awesome that some of einsines theories are being disproven, not saying by doing so we make einstin a nut, but i mean it means the scientific community grows and builds on his fundmental theories. =)

Its awesome, i think we can achieve faster than light travel =)

So many posts in one night!!!
Last evening: there were none!
This morning: took me some time to read!

phil: You must be gifted. 2-3 minutes at a deja vu experience? The most mine have ever lasted is 2 seconds. Are you sure you weren’t on drugs or anything?

lol! I’m not on drugs :slight_smile:
Maybe it was about 1 minute but I felt like it was about 2 minutes. Maybe because like lost said that he knew what was going to happen. I knew that, too…
I love deja vus. so cool

You know if you were millions of lightyears away from earth and you had a telescope or something with what you could zoom in so much that you can see a man standing on earth you then could see the dinosaurs and them creatures that lived here millions of years ago!
Cool isn’t it :slight_smile:

vuja day, the feeling like you’ve absolutely never done this “before.”

lol… that last post was more appropriate than I realized before I saw that you beat me to my post… now it all makes sense. :slight_smile:

np Phil… and thanks for recognizing that I’m objective. I do fail from time to time, but I try very hard to remain so.

It’s easier for me, of course, being one who believes in extraterrestrial intervention in human history. It is not, after all really far off from creationism. :slight_smile:

ive had many of those. I have theories on deja-vu…

it comes from french meaning “Expirence again” (or somthing liek that)

My theory is this…

Our body subconsciously picking up small things, like sight, sound touches, and smells etc…

It stored these in our memory and sometimes keeps it there for sometime.

Everytime we expirence dejavu, some sight, smell , sound etc triggers these memories. When we get this feeling our brain tries to rationalize what happened, and so thus telling yourslef you’ve been here before or heard that before. Maybe we did , just didnt pick up on it, and i think expirences happen again and again, because we’re in a daily routine (most of us) etc. =)

Thats my theory =)… ( i should write a book lol)