Totalitarianism at its finest!

Zimbabwe’s colour TV may also ban pink, purple, white and green

This is awsome! hahahah :smiley:
http://www.capetimes.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=333&fArticleId=2149318

Good thing they didn’t ban blue…yet :cons:

I want that kind of power! :beam:

that’s classic, your title is perfect :stuck_out_tongue:

wow, what a democrathic regime :stuck_out_tongue:

I had no idea that anybody had control over the colors that are broadcast? :slight_smile: I figured if you stop Red, Green, and Blue, you pretty much eliminate Pink, Purple, and other in-between colros. I wonder how they are able to specifically eliminate, for example, Pink :sailor:

I guess they are just displayed as grey

what’s next? will they force people to wear sunglasses that eliminate special wavelength :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re only 20 years late on the whole ultimate control thing.

We can do what we like with the spectrum, whatever that is," said Solly. "We are not bound by Western concepts.

:trout: of course… you’re not.

“Except for the white,” Solly reminded me. “Viewers will be happy with lighter shades of black, once we explain it’s for their own good that we are keeping them in the dark.”

This has got to be a joke seriously. IT’s dumb as hell… Wow - no red because mr president thinks it reminds him of the color of homosexuals… wtf ? :a:

They’re only 20 years late on the whole ultimate control thing.

only 20 years? germans invented the whole thing already 80 years ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

ok, sorry not funny

haHha that is awesome! white is a combination of all the colors… so… u can just as well say they’re banning them all :beer:

Dude… is that real?? :!:

Well - it wouldn’t surprise if some of those not-so-friendly-to-their-own-people gov’ts did enact something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

i doubt it is real since this website is the only one dealing with that topic.
but still a funny idea

This may be real for Google news did get a few results: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=ascii&q=Zimbabwe+TV

I feel bad for the Zimbabwean (sp? real word?) people. They’ll have to watch the Lucy Show (the solo series after I Love Lucy) in black and white.

:beard:

I believe it, it’s on bbc! :stuck_out_tongue:

well i decided to take a picture of something from a tv show. something with mr.t in it. since white is considerd racesim. lol here is a picture of what there tv should probly be looking like.

I guess it will somehow look like a gameboy screen (we all remember those things with the green-black screens, don’t we?!) only with blue instead of green