Tracking section clicks on a Kiosk?

I’m creating an interface for a Kiosk coupon machine, running locally on a computer with Windows XP. The client is needing to have a sort of log to track which coupons users are printing and which ads they are clicking on.

The Flash interface has a series of small business-card sized ads running around the perimeter of the screen, which change every 10 seconds. The center of the screen has a larger ad which rotates every 30 seconds. Clicking any of these shows a full screen ad and coupon to be printed. All of this is driven by XML.

Any thoughts on how I can track this?

Second Question:
How can I filter looped MCs using start/end dates specified in the XML file. i.e., come ads will be active certain days of the month (ex. 12/01/05-12/08/05), and should only be displayed during that time. I’m assuming an “if else” clause comparing the current date with that in the XML file (formatted as startDate=“12/01/2005” endDate=“12/08/05”)…

Thanks…