Transition Effect between ext. swfs tutorial driving me nuts ;-)

Hey everybody,

i did my best to follow the tutorial as good as I could but it seems nothing really works. I spiced up the ext. swfs i wanna use with the intro(plus the midframe thingy), the stop action and the other actionscript part at the last key frame. No, if i preview my main swf into which I actually wanted to load the ext. swfs, i can click the buttons, but nothing happens.

Here is an excerpt from the main.swf:

the main.swf is divided:

1. Key frame

stop();

var myMCL:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
var myListener:Object = new Object;

myMCL.addListener(myListener);

myMCL.loadClip(“trigger.swf”, 5);

var myLV:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
myLV.onLoad = function(success) {
if (success) {
_level5.loadedInfo.htmlText = myLV.info;
} else {
_level5.loadedInfo.text = “Oops, sorry, es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten”;
}
}

It basically creates a MovieClipLoader Object called myMCL, a Listener, which I wanna use later to integrate a preloader, and a loadVars Object since I do have a couple of dynamic textfields in the ext.swfs I wanna fill with information using external textfiles. The trigger.swf just loads all the data contained in a shared library. An action script line inside the trigger.swf then tells the playhead to move up in the timeline of the main.swf.

2. Frame 10

stop();
stopAllSounds();
_global.rookieSound = new Sound(this);
rookieSound.attachSound(“sound”);

_root.currMovie = “splash”;
myMCL.loadClip(“splash.swf”, 5);

It contains a stop(); action which prevents the playhead from moving, a function to stop a sound loop. Then the sound loop is defined using a new Sound Object and so forth.

Then I have the 2 lines of the tutorial which I was supposed to put in the frame in my main timeline. This basically automatically loads in my splash.swf. I also tried using the Flash MX 2004 command loadClip instead of loadMovie. Maybe i got this entire “root” thing wrong, I dont know. I use the myMCL MovieClipLoader Object to load things into it on level 5. So i figured lets try replacing the _root part with _level0, but that also did not quite work.

And last but not least, here is the action i attached to the buttons on the stage of the main.swf:

on (release) {
if (_root.currMovie == undefined) {
_root.currMovie = “private”;
myMCL.loadClip(“private.swf”, 5);
} else if (_root.currMovie != “private”) {
if (myMCL._currentframe >= myMCL.midframe) {
_root.currMovie = “private”;
myMCL.play();
}
}
}

I replaced container with the name of my MovieClipLoaderObject “myMCL”. Now, if i preview my stuff, the splash.swf is loaded into myMCL, but if I click on the buttons I have, nothing really happens.

I am at my wits end and it would be soo cool if someone of you guys could help me with my problem since I only have a few cigarettes left and I am too freaking tired to make new coffee ;-))))

Greets
Rookie