Transitions between external SWFs problem

Hello everybody,

Please could somebody help?

I’m trying to add a submenu to the tutorial called:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/transitions.htm

But I’m having trouble. The problem is probably quite simple but I just can’t see it. I think it’s because I can’t get my head round _root, this, level1 and _parent. Not to mention my limited experience with ActionScript.

Anyway, I’m building a hairdresser’s site, and in the “Services” section, there’s a submenu, and one of the sections in this submenu is “Hair Services”.

So I’ve got a container on my “main” level, which when pressing the “Services” button, loads in the “services.swf”. I’ve called this container “main_container”. All of that works fine, but when I try to do the same inside the “services.fla”, by putting a new container in there, it doesn’t work. It does load the movie in, but when it loads another one in replacement, it doesn’t play the outro from the midframe.

The code I have in my main section for the “services” section is:

on (release) {
if (this.currMovie == undefined) {
this.currMovie = “services”;
main_container.loadMovie(“services.swf”);
} else if (this.currMovie != “services”) {
if (main_container._currentframe >= main_container.midframe) {
this.currMovie = “services”;
main_container.play();
}
}
}

And the code I have in my “services” section for “Hair Services” is:

on (release) {
if (this.servicescurrMovie == undefined) {
_root.servicescurrMovie = “hairservices”;
services_container.loadMovie(“hairservices.swf”);
} else if (this.servicescurrMovie != “hairservices”) {
if (services_container._currentframe >= services_container.servicesmidframe) {
this.servicescurrMovie = “hairservices”;
services_container.play();
}
}
}

And I’ve checked all of the variable names and instance names about a hundred times and they’re fine.

I’m uploading the FLAs now so let me know if you’d like me to send you the link.

I’ll be here all day and night until it’s done. My skype name is tomsaunders99 so feel free to add me if you can help.

Many thanks,

Tom