Tutorials translation

Hey K man,

Have you tought about translating the existing tutorials to other languages?

If you do, I can help translate to portuguese.

Cheers=)

Interesting concept… but I think that would take forever to do. Especially everytime a new tutorial is added you have to convert that. Not to mention you would have to translate all the existing tutorials…

I guess we can wait on kirupa’s choice on this though.

Well…

I think you don´t understand me.
What I have porposed was that Kirupa allowed voluteers (users) to do the translation. Kirupa only have to do is to upload them.

Take myself for instance, I´m from Brasil, my first language is portuguese but I can read and write in English. When I have some time to spare I write some tutorials to help people the same way other people help me, but here, in Brasil, we don´t have a lot of good flash related sites, so I aways find myself here at Kirupa´s.
So if we can make (and if Kirupa wants) this site an international knolege base for flash users to help more people and to increase traffic of users and knolege, all the better.

And there is no need to hurry, all the tutorials don´t have to be translated overnight. They will not rotten.:beam:

Got it?

Cheers:P

Haha…makes sense. And it is a good idea, but there are some flaws so it is up to Kirupa whether it should be done or not.

Also, if the tutorials are in another language, then people who sign up for the forum might not be able to speak english and so they have very limited help.

But I am sure if they browse the forum they will realize that most everyone here speaks english.

Also, if the tutorials are in another language, then people who sign up for the forum might not be able to speak english and so they have very limited help.

that gave another idea:

how about a section of this forum to foreign people get help?

see, this kinda of talk that leads to ideas, that leads to great things.

Well that would lead up to like 30 different sections based on language.

Well that would lead up to like 30 different sections based on language

well that´s unnecessary, you could have one single section per language called help for brazillian user for instance.

Guge0 (sry about sp)

what did you make your avitar in?

Yeah, but theres Brazillian, Danish, French, German, etc.

you could pick, say 5 top languages and just add sections for general flash help in said language… this would not require any work for mods or kirupa, just a simple addition of forum secitons. Then the few international users (non english speaking that is) that stop by could possibly have a place to go, even if it isn’t as well posted as the origonal sections - at least it is something. As for translating the tuts, well I say (if kirupa is cool with it) if some multi lingual users want to put forth the effort, why not?

I think this is a great idea… nothing that needs to rival or exist at a detriment to the origonal kirupaforum.com, but an easy and very helpful addition. Just MHO.

Peace

How about a list of multi-lingual members who could help in certain areas?

That way nothing in history will have to be translated until someone needs it…

Rev:elderly:

Well, they are having their tutes translated at as.org. And it’s a good idea, but I don’t like the multilanguage board idea. I mean it is a good idea, but it’s not Kirupa’s job to host them. I think.

pom :cowboy:

You got it all right Ryall!

that´s just what I mean to.

PS: mdipi.com, sorry about sp??? (I´m assuming that Guge0 would be me). And The avatar was made in PS7.