Unhidden Topic ;-)

Previously in another thread…

I posted about the React frameworks class we are developing for Community College. And we are using your “Learning React” book as the textbook.
I think I might have close to the final project for the course here…
It builds on many of the topics from the book, and mostly it provides 1 of the things I think we need to do with React which is to make a webpage that is “dynamic”. The webpage needs to be change the information on the webpage based on some user input or state or whatever. And my idea is a calendar program.
http://buchmanng313.macombserver.net/ReactCourse/calendar/build/index.html#/
I think the Javascript Obfuscator has done a good enough job on the code so that you cannot get the actual source code out of the website ( which will keep it hidden from the students in the class - so that they have to develop it for themselves ).

Anyway, reactions and input are welcome ( as well as bug reports also ).

Greg Buchmann

An aside…

Interesting fun fact. Most people don’t know what day of the week they were born on. Since this will not reveal my DOB, mine is a Thursday. What is yours?

Use the calendar program above, along with another internet source to prove me right or wrong to find out what day of the week you were born on. Post your replies to this thread.

Greg Buchmann

1 Like

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
40 some people read my post, and not even 1 reply with what day of the week you were born on?
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Greg Buchmann

1 Like

Whew, I think the extra work of also having to click a link may have thrown people off.

1 Like

Click a link, enter the year, and click the month you were born in. OK. So, OK.

But I still wish I could get more testing.

Greg Buchmann

It looks like it works, so that’s good! I have some comments about the layout/design but that’s about it.

1. Why is there an “Enter” button? The calendar seems to update on input.
  2. The calendar itself seems to be absolutely positioned. This can cause some problems.
    1. The content below the calendar can get cut off
    2. When the browser window width is smaller causing the months to wrap, they also get cut off by the calendar

I also noticed the validation links seem to target the site root, not the calendar page itself (or is that intentional?).