Upcoming Tutorials

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to give a head’s up on the tutorials currently in progress. These are the following tutorials that are CURRENTLY being worked on:

The Alpha Property (may be scrapped half-way)
What is a movie clip?
Changing Fonts Using HTML in Flash - DONE!
Scrolling Dynamically Loaded Text - DONE!
The Guess The Number game
Creating a Full Flash Site
Creating Back/Forward, Pause, and Stop controls for a Flix movie.
Tutorials created by other individuals (ptolemy, pom, dan).

Cheers!
Kirupa :ninja:

I’m deep down into 3D in Flash. Anybody interested (it’s definitely advanced)?

pom :asian:

Hey Pom,
Sure. That would be an interesting topic for you to cover :slight_smile:

Cheers!
Kirupa :rambo:

The moment I understand the code I’m copy/pasting, I make a tutorial (btw, I sent you the definitive version of my little AS thinggy).

Last thing: about that AS dictionnary you were talking about. That’s interesting. But it’s HUGE!! So maybe you should ask the people on this board to choose a fonction they know well and do a little article on it, so that it is faster. Just an idea.

Lack of sleep makes me post…:rambo:

anyone know what sprites are and how to use them? maybe a tutorial could be made on them…

can i request for a jukebox tutorial…
like the visitor can choose from a few songs…
can control the volume
and the basic start pause and stop buttons??
:slight_smile:

That’s interesting. Why don’t YOU try and make it, ask for help on the forum and then make your own tutorial? I could help you :slight_smile:

Hi

this is a very nice site, I’m glad I found it; great job, Kirupa. I’ve already been able to utilize the tutorials for my work. I’d like to request a tutorial from any of the masters…

I don’t know if anyone else is in my shoes, but the change in Actionscripting from Flash 4 to 5/MX has left me in the dust. Just as I was becoming quite comfortable with ‘Tell Target’,etc, Macromedia went and changed eveything to ‘Root’ and ‘This’ and ‘_Parent’!!! I’ve been trying for a long to learn how to do the simplest of tasks with the newer coding, and I can’t even get a button to work! Macromedia’s Help Files are pitifully difficult to understand, and I haven’t to date found a tutorial on how to do what we used to do with ‘Tell Target’ with the new code (i.e., programming a button, or controlling MCs with buttons). :-\

If anyone’s willing to post a simple tutorial or explanation, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

LOL, bduffy, you posted this already in another thread. I replied to it, so if anyone wants to check it out there see if theres anything to add or change from my post.

It can be found here…
http://www.kirupaforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1639

Ya know, instead of going through all of it again here.

hi all

hi all
you may have noticed i have been writing a few tutorials on components recently around the old kirupa site all i would like to say is if u want a tutorial ask me if i can find a component because it will make life easier for every1 beginners and experts.

-Tom

go to www.flashcomponents.net and download the jexters iu component - it has a cool mp3 player www.flashcomponents.net