Voice deformation effect?

Hello boys and girls :slight_smile:

I find this entrance sound , where a man says "F1 Play" on the www.f1play.com site pretty cool. Does anynody know how is it done? Is it acheived by deforming a prerecorder sound with somekind of a sound editing program or whut? Any hints or directions would be very welcome.