what happened to actionscript.org

Not to prolong this discussion, but the actionscript.org forum has been gone completely for a few months. Perhaps they gave up completely? What a shame, with Flash all but dead, it’s still nice to have these repositories for cross reference for relative JS research. Sigh, a lot was lost if its gone for good, thanks Kirupa for keeping your old forum as an archive.

I think that forum was rather active up to the end.

I doubt that there are any people in that forum?

Well, aside from spammers, it seems like regular participants just gave up long ago, sadly.

The forum actually just came back online in the last week or so, after about two months of being down, sadly they didn’t do anything to remove or rectify the spam problem. I think they actually added even more “ad” features though.

nice…post

Another one gone for the ages, gotoandlearn forum

http://www.gotoandlearnforum.com/index.php

“Forum will cease to exist 12 Sep 2015, due to inactivity.”

Looks like they are ahead of schedule however. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Louis ck

kirupaForum: Now the biggest Flash forum on the web!

(by default)

2 Likes

Yay!!!

actionscript.org seems to be active once again in the as3 category

Their most recent article is from the middle of 2013. Are you seeing something more recent?

He’s talking about the forums, silly.

1 Like

Well, let them. I’m sure the rolling tumbleweeds at ActionScript.org would be very interested in working from home, penis enlargement, or quick weight loss. :joy:

He was still active over there for a while after Jesse left; I talked to him in like 2014 IIRC… I have him on my LinkedIn, he’s still a developer, but I believe he’s moved on from AS. Works for some government contracted software dev house.